Travel Addicts/Advice Thread

Yeah, I tried that exact advice and tried the app first. 0/3 on credit cards working.

A all day.

I actually like the protrusion, makes it easier to use as a headrest to catch a nap. And windows >>>>>>>> aisles all day every day.

Voted A b/c Iā€™m partial to aisle seats, but C in this case is viable in that thereā€™s legroom plus you can get out of the seat without having to climb over your neighbor.

Canā€™t think of a good reason to ever choose a middle seat.

Iā€™m not the most flexible person in the world, but I have no idea how one would use exit door protrusions as a headrest.

Lol nevermind i was thinking the window was more curved or something, ignore that and carry on!

update, looks like I have to go to honolulu for ā€œworkā€ (i.e. a conference) in october now so Iā€™ll probably just tack on a week on the big island either before or after and do something different in january

Global Entry application times have certainly improved, or itā€™s just a very random system. My renewal application last April took about 10 months to get approved. Ms. JordanIBā€™s application from Thursday took about 2 days and new card arrives in the mail today.

Global Entry is becoming the FastPass of international travel and Iā€™m all for it!

Mont Blanc view from my balcony in Chamonix.

12 Likes

Jealous, when I was there it was cloudy. Make sure you do the Aiguille

Yep tomorrow morning. Iā€™m planning to get off halfway down and hike the rest of the way to town. I did that with the tram from Zermatt that goes by the Matterhorn and it was one of the most scenic hikes Iā€™ve ever done.

1 Like

Hell yeah

The moment they bring the starter I regret ordering it. Who thought it is a good idea to make them so massive that you probably wont finish your main course. I thought I learned that lesson several times already. Also sucks if you either go very early for dinner or well past 9pm as a single eater.

hell yeah bloomin onion

Just me and the Pantheon sharing an intimate dinner. Iā€™m sure thereā€™s better food in Rome. But staring at the Pantheon for an hour was worth it. Mesmerizing.

7 Likes

Pantheon is just an amazing building to see in person.

I had an amazing meal a couple hundred feet from there, but it was some sandwich place.

So what was the intimate dinner?

This might be blasphemy, but I just donā€™t think Italian food is that great, itā€™s pretty damn bland. Are the tomatoes in Italy supposed to be something mind blowing compared to the rest of the world? I splurged for two high end restaurants this year in Rome and really wish I hadnā€™t. I honestly wonder how much of it has to do with American fascination of Italy and all things Italian. Iā€™ve had so many better meals throughout Asia.

1 Like

Caprese salad and cacio e pepe. Pretty good, but Iā€™m not a cacio e pepe expert. I plan to research and find a really good place tomorrow night to compare it too.