Travel Addicts/Advice Thread

I think there were more people in the Delta lounge than in the terminal.

1 Like

Delta recently cut back on who can access the lounges too. At MSP which is a Delta hub they usually arenā€™t that busy in my experience.

This is why Delta is opening a new premium lounge there this summer.

There is currently 1 (one) decent airline in the U.S. fucking disgraceful state of affairs

thereā€™s a lot to lol about with this story but lol at, ā€œwe wonā€™t post her name bc thatā€™s not decent but hereā€™s a direct link to an article that identifies her in the first sentenceā€

Stuff like this makes me so irrationally mad. I really hate bullies.

Of course:

It seems that she can dish it, while she canā€™t take it. Sheā€™s now demanding that any content about her online be removed

2 Likes

Her use of ā€œkiss my gritsā€ (plus her overall behavior) leads me to make some assumptions about her political leanings.

Stow it, Flo!

2 Likes

first comment is quality

ā€œThis concept of ā€œKarenā€ is somewhat new to me. During my time, we would just call her a c**tā€

1 Like

Reminds me of the Curb finale.

I love the Streisand Effect

God I fucking hate these shitbags, in addition to throwing a goddamn fit if a flight attendant looks at their phone, they also, shockingly, bitch about FAs not ā€œsmilingā€ enough and all sorts of other bullshit

Love that sheā€™s been named and shamed, the people bothering to give her books 1 star reviews are doing gods work.

Also I often think of how to completely ruin the lives of people I hate, what are some good ideas for this!

Well depending on how low youā€™re willing to go and how much risk youā€™re willing to take, Iā€™m sure you could come up with all sorts of ideas.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SouthwestAirlines/s/7JB1aYyAaK

Insane (5 hour long check in line in Austin for just one carrier)

Just reminded me of something that happened to me last week.

This tall, probably late 50s dude in a suit just starts walking past everyone in the pre-check line, just politely saying ā€œexcuse meā€ and just walking past until he gets to the very front. Then he just shows his ID like everyone else and goes through security. It appears that he was a passenger that was just running late for his flight.

Iā€™ve seen people pull this move but normally they say something like ā€œMy flight is about to leave do you mind if I go aheadā€ or something like that. He didnā€™t bother with that.

When he walked past me, I just kind of reflexively let him. I didnā€™t even think about it until about 10s later. Honestly, even if I did think about it, I probably would have just let him go. Avoiding confrontation is normally the best thing to do in spots like this. Maybe if I wasnā€™t with the family, Iā€™d take a different line, but even then, probably not.

1 Like

an UPer dealt with this, idk how thatā€™s even possible just fucking let people walk through at that point lol TSA/airport security.

That person is either a Narcissist and/or was running late. However, should I really care if it takes me 60 seconds longer to get through security and closer to my gate?