Travel Addicts/Advice Thread

Cleveland

Iā€™m sorry, I canā€™t just not post it

7 Likes

Mexico gets no respect. I put it right behind Italy.

Thailand at 17 and Vietnam at 22 also seems very low. But I admit I havenā€™t had a few of those that ranked ahead of them.

Iā€™ve never had Indonesian food in Indonesia, but havenā€™t been super impressed with the stuff Iā€™ve had in the US.

I wasnā€™t that impressed with Peru. They seem to have one great dish and I got bored of that pretty quick. Although I guess ceviche is great too.

Greece too high
Indonesia way too high

I love Greek food and Iā€™ve never had it in Greece. But Iā€™d still put a bunch ahead of it.

Same.

Greek food is good, but #3 overall? GTFO.

This is correct. Same with Portugal #4. Netherlands might also be too high.

Whatā€™s a signature Portuguese dish?

Caldo verde?

Anything with bacalhau?

Pastel de nata

[Iā€™d also say Piri Piri chicken but South Africans might fight about that one]

1 Like

USA cuisine, lol.

What are some signature dishes of American cuisine? Chop suey, meatloaf, Kraft Mac and cheese?

That stuff is better than most countries.

Uh, Nola? Southern cooking generally. Many elite subcultures in American cuisine.

Italian (perennial overrated) & Japan (other than sushi) are both too high, though itā€™s understandable why both are highly rated.

Mexican & Indian (Southern only please) need more love.

Come on, Iron. I know that youā€™re self-aware enough that you know that you are just about the last person who should be opining about global cuisine.

The cheeseburger

If we use ā€œmostā€ to simply mean more than half, American cuisine just has to be better than food from places like Northern Ireland, Saudi Arabia, and Kyrgyzstan to qualify (going by some cuisines tasteatlas ranks in the low to mid-90s).