Travel Addicts/Advice Thread

I moved from NH to N. Virginia in May and I’m really glad I did. I’m enjoying being close to everything and also being able to take public transportation if I want to go somewhere and get intoxicated without worrying about how I’m going to get home.

1 Like

I’ve already lived the NoVA lifestyle and the weather just wasn’t worth it.

That’s the conclusion I’m coming to. It seems like only hosts can see the star rating of a guest.

In other words, what bob said:

Hospitality tickets

14 Likes

I’ll be there in a month! Looks fantastic!!!

Not doing intense hikes though :)

1 Like

Olympia has a free public bus system which I’m using to get out to the Amtrak station. I guess I don’t need to tip the driver?

You do not.

Olympia went to free public transportation a few years ago.

1 Like

Free public transport? Sounds like a livable place.

It seemed alright.

Not entirely sure what business class got me on Amtrak other than having to walk further. I had a peek in coach and it looked pretty much the same. Maybe it just meant I didn’t have to associate with the lower classes.

That’s sort of the idea.

I mean if there was no curtain between the two, nobody would get business class.

Are Delaware and New Hampshire as fucked up as everyone says?

In what way?

Everyone I talk to says to avoid living there if I can help it.

They’re both states where the primary draw is low taxes while being able to take advantage of proximity to higher tax jurisdictions for work, etc. I’ve never heard horror stories of either. I’d take MA & VT over NH, but it isn’t anywhere I’d go out of my way to avoid.

Agree with this.

Hanover, NH is delightful.

University towns tend to be nice. Pardon me, college towns.

1 Like

Vermont is just a bit too far away from DC for me.