TopShot and other NFTs Part II: Electric Boondoggle

It says 10am pacific tomorrow

1 Like

You can try the OTM Collector Score calculator –

https://www.otmnft.com/collector_score/

I got cp3 #700 i will sell for a million dollars

4 Likes

I agree. The marketplace for internet gifs of NBA highlights should be more rational and tied to fundamental valuation.

11 Likes

If you have a Target Red Card, time to eat.

https://www.target.com/p/2021-panini-nba-prizm-basketball-trading-card-mega-box/-/A-81588851#lnk=sametab

Does this mean you can just apply for red card and buy immediately?

That’s what I did. But they are long gone now.

1 Like

How many were you able to get?

Limit is 3. I tried to place additional orders but they cancel them.

2 Likes

Hopefully your luck is better on this batch of Megas!

2 Likes

@anon29622970 @jwax13

Any recommendations for storage sleeves? Are you using hard cases when you ship?

Any tips on handling the cards as you put them into either?

I picked up some ultra pro deck boxes with sleeves at wally world but getting them in seems problematic.

J I’m sending you some karmic vibes. Have you had your partner hide those 2019’s yet?

1 Like

Ultra Pro card sleeves are the gold standard. The standard sized top loaders by them as well.

I go penny sleeve into top loader. Painters tape over the top. Put top loader between two pieces of cardboard I cut to fit. Tape that. Ship in bubble mailer with postage I buy on pirate ship.

It’s getting harder to find supplies, and I overpaid for sleeves and top loaders off Amazon before. Now I either go to the local card shop, or target / Walmart. When they’re in stock, target has 500 packs for $5 and 1000 packs for $10. Top loaders usually end up being around 10 cents a piece.

If you can’t find them at the places mentioned, buy them on eBay for much cheaper than Amazon.

These skus

And yea I bought one of those deck boxes at first because that’s all I could find and they are a pain to get cards in and out of.

This is pretty much everything I was gonna say. Local card shop is probably your best bet for supplies.

I mentioned this in discord, but I have 3 boxes of Elite Basketball on their way from Panini, besides the Target Megas, either of you have any other good pickups recently?

You could say that

I’ve also been degening pretty hard on breaks and fire sales for slabs and singles. My collection is getting out of hand.

2 Likes

I’ve seen those Olympic boxes online. Planning to rip those? Looking through the checklist it seems like an Alex Morgan or Megan Rapinoe auto would be the biggest potential hits? No Simone Biles cards seems like a big miss for a Team USA set.

Nah they have a higher ROI than Prizm blasters at the moment lol. I’ll sell them next week when the games start. When I walk into Walmart and all the prizm has been backdoored or bought, I grab those as a consolation prize.

2016 blasters aged nicely though

2 Likes

You guys are beasts. I hope y’all don’t think I was fronting…. I was just deep diving into something that was nostalgic for me.

I’m gonna check out my local shop this week.

1 Like

I think 2016 set is all about Biles.

1 Like

Yea. More than likely you won’t see +EV stuff unless you’re in a low traffic spot or are there after a fresh restock.

I found a restock a few months ago that was a little over 2 grand worth of cards at retail that I could have made 5K+ worth of profit on if I sold sealed at the right time. Or I could have sat on it for years and who knows. Prizm bball retail from last year was worth 20x retail at one point.