TopShot and other NFTs Part II: Electric Boondoggle

:eyes: I actually have two, so guess I need to grab another.

• Eligibility: Must Own 3 Moments Before Drop (unopened packs do not count as Moments)

Looks like Iā€™m about to buy the lowest moments I can find.

Edit: wow it was frustratingly difficult to make two terrible buys.

1 Like

lowest is now $13

gonna be like the good old days when lowest card is $15+

I dumped all my garbage down thereā€“weā€™ll see if that was wise or not idk.

Wow, werenā€™t there $6 moments available yesterday?

They should have made the moment requirement 10

2 Likes

They canā€™t write software that allows the basics of the marketplace to work so they decide to add special holding requirements. Good play!

wow, what a crater overnight. looks like a huge sell off this morning, I suppose partly because people need to liquidate their one high-value moment to buy 3 crappers?

Cheapest S2 base commons now 15$ and you have to snipe them.

Edit: Also they changed it so you can only see the cheapest listing on a momentā€™s page? No more Explore Listings button? Hrm, what does it mean?

tuesday I had 24 moments, right now I have 3. good times

2 Likes

Ok just bought 3 overpriced commons so I can get the 124538th spot in line this afternoon.

4 Likes

Caution to folks on the new purchase interface. Was trying to snipe something, and in the time between when I clicked the ā€œSelect and Buyā€ button and when the interface rendered, the cheapest card had been purchased and my spam clicks led me to buying something at market value that Iā€™m going to lose my shirt on. Beware.

Did the same , thought I was getting a deal and ended up overpaying for a Tatum SS.

1 Like

A lot of extra clicks now for the low serial # people.

Damn, I dumped a couple trash moments for like $8-$10 last night. Shouldā€™ve waited. Oh well, itā€™s only a few bucks.

Every pack is Bigly +ev

4 Likes

Now itā€™s 5pm est, psh

I would expect nothing less than a delay :joy: Actually kinda glad since I wanted to enjoy my lunch instead of waiting to buy pax.

1 Like

Number of packs available:

40420 Total

fry_squint.jpg

1 Like

I personally think this drop and the logic behind it is far worse long term than technical problems.

Full on money grab. I considered them incompetent but generally operating in good faith. I doubt it now.

Yea they have no plan and are just making it up as they go. Itā€™s definitely a money grab. A none money grab site would at least have some kind of schedule for their drops known far in advance. Top Shot just does drops whenever they feel like it to rake in the cash.

This thread has been great for putting aside politics. Watched a Rand Paul clip and wanted to punch him and just shut it off. Feels good.

1 Like

wen Q