The Walrus - master thread

bangiest bangers

1 Like

Does anybody want to host a new Walrus? @anon29622970?

Or I can just remain the solo Walrus champion forever…

1 Like

I’m in to host one, likely need to wait 2-3 weeks or just make sure everyone is ok that there may sporadically be an off day or two on reveals.

Anyone want to volunteer to compile submissions if I host one?

I’m thinking 8 categories, 12 people max? Contestants better come ready with lots of BANGERS!

1 Like

Usually like 2-4 days between reveals is preferred. Some people go longer depending on what’s going on in their lives.

Whenever you’re ready, you can post a Sign Up thread likes this one:

One of the entrants will volunteer to compile songs for you.

2 Likes

Nice! My only comment would be that 8x12 is a lot of songs to listen to and comment on. 5x10 is standard, but of course it’s up to you.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Dude 8x12 will drive you insane. Don’t take it as a challenge, i think you’ll enjoy it much more if you cut it to 5 categories

1 Like

I’ll take your advice slightly and cut two categories

2 Likes

Categories have been updated to reflect a greater variety of musical tastes, so sign up if you want in.

1 Like

Reveal starting soon

2 Likes

There have been 14? or so Walruses. So that’s about 42 songs that have podiumed. How about a bracket tournament to find the best all-time Walrus track? Or go the other way and have a best of the nodium tourney.

3 Likes

That sounds fun, Melt Banana ftw obv

2 Likes

In for tournament, but that number is way higher.

Each walrus has more than one song.

Oh yeah lol.

1 Like

Maybe just gold medals/last place.

Could have committees make a 64 song bracket for each and then have a vote? I haven’t read any of the other music tournament threads so I don’t know how they’ve been handled. Sounds fun and I might be willing to help depending on my schedule.

1 Like

What do you have in mind here? Gather all the podium/nodium tracks and then have some people cull it down to 64?

14 x3 podiums x6 categories on average? = ~252 songs. That’s a lot.

1 Like

No just first and last places, like you said

Idea:

16 people submit two songs each that (in their opinion) were unfairly nodiumed and deserve a second look from the masses.

32 songs, bracket style.

So, I wasted my life and now have a spreadsheet containing all the winners and losers from the Walruseses so far.

There have been 97 judged rounds, so that’s a lot. Not sure it helps with any proposed contest, but it wasn’t wasted. For example, one stat I can now discover is who has come last the most times?

I’ll just tot it up … and the pathetic loser with no fewer than 9 last place finishes is:

pyatnitski

Fucking hell!!

6 Likes