The unblockable Elon Musk is not serious; it's time to move on

Is this for real? Science/Nature News hasn’t picked it up yet.

It’s a real paper on arxiv is all I can say. Lots of snarky comments about spelling and unprofessional statements and so forth. There are technical criticisms too. And people pointing out how previous claims turned out to be (probably?) BS. I’m not particularly excited, it’s just an amusing distraction for now.

I, for one, am looking forward to a room temperature superconductor that will save the planet right after we destroy the planet mining enough of the materials necessary to save the planet with it.

1 Like

Why can’t conspiracy dorks focus on room-temperature superconductors instead of vaccines?

1 Like

One of the biggest breakthroughs ever for energy efficiency and you’re mad we have to do a bit of mining?

How much is a pop tart Michael, $20?

4 Likes

Lead? There’s 20x more available than lithium. If it’s a problem, maybe Elon can save us by mining the moon or asteroids. Anyway, we’re not at the ??? stage yet so we can figure it out later, maybe.

No need to mine for lead lol. That shit comes straight from the tap here in the Bronx.

8 Likes
2 Likes

HAHAHA he’s so bad at everything

2 Likes

Just another example of regulations stifling innovation!

1 Like

I thought that was kind of weird. Like did he have some codemonkeys rent a lift and pick up some hacksaws at Home Depot? I would think if you call a reputable sign guy, he’s gonna know he needs a permit.

1 Like

Yeah but if you follow the process you can’t do it NOW NOW NOW which is what Elno wanted. Move fast and break stuff!

I think most contractors will work without a permit if you demand it and assume liability.

Wouldn’t surprise me, really.

1 Like

I don’t think licensed contractors would. But yeah, Elon could find somebody to do it. I hope they got paid up front.

And ~everyone in this forum

a lot of people were pretty sure he wasn’t going to wiggle out of it, go back here and start scrolling down

Looks like 6% of forum had him being forced to buy (hence “back out of”)

Scrolled up for 81 vote pole.