The unblockable Elon Musk is not serious; it's time to move on

Is there a market for a social media app where all politics is banned?

I don’t think zucc means politics will be banned, just not a focus. They won’t be catering to the pundits and media types, just regular joes?

I don’t think Zuck wants to ban politics, but what if there was a social media app that did? Like, what if Threads became a no-politics zone? Would it work?

Mike Levitt used to be a hero of mine :grimacing:

1 Like

The dog whistles are gonna get bizarrely creative.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2023/07/13/twitter-creators-payments-right-wing/

One former Twitter executive who worked on creator partnerships and who asked to remain unnamed to avoid retaliation, said that, “any kind of content monetization we’ve done in the past was based on a revenue model. This just feels pulled out of thin air for a specific subset of creators that he wanted to placate.”

The former Twitter executive also cast doubt on Twitter’s revamped metrics, including impressions. “The numbers are totally and completely bogus,” she said. “It’s all completely made up. It really feels like they’re arbitrarily writing checks to people they like, which is not a sustainable creator strategy.”

2 Likes

FREEZE PEACH!

1 Like

That will get rid of the bots for sure!

1 Like

Anyone watch Tucker Carlson’s 2.5 hour interview with Andrew Tate as promoted by Elon Musk on twitter?

I saw a few clips and it’s funny to see Carlson dress his roots as a preppie douchebag including no socks. Also funny that he apparently didn’t do any research on Tate at all or he just asked him absolutely ludicrous question setups on purpose.

1 Like

No

No

No

No

No

35 Likes

Someone shared it in my WhatsApp group chat. I ignored it

Like, as something to laugh at?

I picture the person who is a combo Musk/Carlson/Tate fan, and it ain’t pretty.

1 Like

Just normal guys

Tate in particular, like Jordan Peterson has huge reach. Neither of them really political, but they occasionally share these things as if it’s smart and interesting.

1 Like

NYT: Musk’s political leanings unclear

6 Likes

My recurring dream, where he’s given up poker youtubes in order to do dildo reviews while using them on livestream, stopped after he got skinny

1 Like

The world continues to wait for Elon Musk to declare

1 Like

Also it might really temper people’s viritol if all their Facebook or instagram followers see what they’re posting since those are people they interact with offline

Facebook has some lol boomer memes and stuff but I think people are in general better behaved there than twitter

I hate my wife

1 Like

George Costanza voice: “Cash Flow Negative”

*still enough to pass out checks to nazis

5 Likes