The TSLA Market / Economy

Right, I agree. But so far it doesn’t seem like they’re reigning them in.

(Except not good.)

So will people that need extra cash to get by and hope things will get better.

1 Like

Yup there is a lot if that happening.

Well interest rates rising should also lower the max debt that consumers can service and consequently lower their credit limits with financial institutions . I have no idea when it will tap out but it seems rapidly heading that way

Now layer in student loan payments restarting in six weeks.

Layaway gonna make a big comeback imo.

2 Likes

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-08-25/us-corporate-profits-soar-taking-margins-to-widest-since-1950

Does not contradict what I said in any way just FYI

More evidence consumers are tapped out

HELOCs? At today’s rates? Must be good business for the banks’ income statements so many people are happy to borrow at the increased rates.

Agreed, it seems like figuring out when this credit bubble bursts is going to be pretty important.

Wall St. seems to have rationally gone from “hooray no more severe rate hikes” to “oh shit the economy” in a day.

How shocking.

1 Like

I mentioned that share buybacks were crazy busy from May through August and they slowed in September and October. They are back to being insanely busy again so companies seem to think their shares might be undervalued…however with the share buyback tax that was implemented in the US and Canada it’s quite possible that companies are trying to do as much as possible before it kicks in.

They are buying back shares because they are making big profits and it’s the most tax efficient way to send money to shareholders. Dont overthink it

1 Like

Overall companies tend to buy more when they think they are undervalued and have the financial ability to do so.

Even if that’s true in general high chance of correlated/systematic error.

Barring some new Russia shenanigans, I’d imagine that Chevron and Exxon after their runup from the stellar inflation news would be a good short, imo. Same with Gold.

https://unstuckpolitics.com/t/the-tsla-market-economy-part-ii/9246