The TSLA Market / Economy

Taxes are absolutely going to eventually have to go up, materially, on the upper middle class. Obviously not doable with what is happening with the wealthy right now, its one of the reasons why not taxing the wealthy is so pernicious. But, yeah, if we are gonna have a progressive society then most of us on this board need to be writing bigger checks to the government.

My almost 3% property taxes would like a word.

We’re not going to have a progressive society. The next 10 years are going to be about keeping our democracy. If we win that, the 10 years after that will be about protecting half measures like Obamacare. If we win that, the next 20-30 years will be battling for a progressive society. If we win all that we can leave a progressive society to our kid when we’re all dead. If we run white hot maybe we can win all of that in 25 years and enjoy a little of it ourselves.

But everyone on this forum will be on Medicare before we have a real shot at single payer.

Must be nice to get to pay property taxes, though.

Lol yeah I sucked out.

1 Like

I’m hoping to run pure and get there in 2023. Give me a year of poker run neutral, and a housing market crash, and I’m in. Run good for me would be lucking into the bottom of the housing market and having the stock market keep crashing so I can work more into that before it bottoms.

I wish everyone great professional success, in part because it will be wonderful to watch this forum transform from a bunch of guillotine happy leftists to people who get profiled in WSJ about how hard it is to make ends meet on $500k a year.

1 Like

I’d take that in a heartbeat

Some people already come pretty close to saying that, and Dessin d’whatever literally said it when he was around.

1 Like

Por que no los dos? (Already the case)

https://twitter.com/jameslavish/status/1575546895669243905?t=9BDxDv92P4qEMtPvCVUeVw&s=19

:vince3:

I just got laid off. Doing my bit. Your welcome.

Ugh. Really sorry to hear this.

Not as huge surprise. I’m good. 3 of us in total, small company (badly run for a long time and honest I’m not bitter) and the 3 who weren’t on their wife’s health insurance lol.

Sorry! Good luck on the hunt.

Okay. And so if they do increases wages… and everyone else increases wages… what happens to

a) inflation
b) their ability to hire at the new rate

Yes, inflation would rise.

All I’m saying with that post is that if you’re leaving a job advertisement up for months and getting nothing, you’re basically acknowledging that the position really isn’t that important.

this all depends, some of the ones I’ve seen on the pretty apparent one or two person businesses–well a bunch of them I have no idea how they’re still going. Some people will try a lot longer than I would that’s for sure.

1 Like

Those republican donors aren’t going to pay off themselves though.

1 Like

I stumbled on this youtube channel recently that hosts 3 different podcasts, all folks that work together in finance (Michael Batnick, Ben Carlson, and Josh Brown). They are finance bros which is understandably off-putting to a lot of folks but they aren’t typically too over the top. However, they seem to be on point with relevant talking points to weekly news and market shakeups that also get talked about in this forum. For example, they often make fun of Cathie Wood. They aren’t exactly professional podcasters and you can tell they don’t have this all figured out yet, but I think their info is helpful. I’d recommend the Youtube video over the traditional audio podcast version because they post a lot of garfs.