The TSLA Market / Economy

We still have hardly anybody going in to the office. When we are going to pop in, we will send notes to other team members just to let them know. I went in to the office and let my boss now, he went in as well and we had a nice in person meeting that otherwise would have happened on Zoom. This is probably the most valuable potential for the future of the office, it’s just a meeting place people can use sometimes.

1 Like

I love the little explanation headlines every day in my iOS stocks app that tell me why the markets are doing what they do. Very reassuring.

I’ve always loved these.

Today: “Markets decline as investors weigh inflation concerns”

Tomorrow: “Markets rise as investors shrug off inflation concerns”

8 Likes

It would be nice if they were honest for once: Stocks rise/fall: We have no fucking clue why and neither does anybody else, but here are a couple of ideas we pulled out of our ass. We will update the headline every 15 minutes as the day progresses.

4 Likes

Make sure you’re sitting down.

Executives time “pre-planned” stock sales to insider trade.

I know. I’m shocked too.

Even non-executives can easily insider trade during open trading windows. Shouldn’t be allowed to have a plan or buy/sell your company’s stock without x amount of months delay or a plan when hired to sell all immediately IMO. At least over a certain amount of compensation/stock holdings anyways.

2 Likes

huh really surprising news

1 Like

If the next time someone tries and makes me organize my ongoing work on an agile board also tries to make me do it in zucks weird sims world I’m gonna lose my shit

1 Like

Morgan Stanley merc’d the cruise stocks. Suggested potential liquidity issues ahead in a recession.

And yet in today’s upside down financial world I expect mass layoffs and supply shortages as a result of this awesome profit.

Something something investor sentiment something something. STONKS!

Disappointed it took twenty comments down to find a quote from the routine in American Psycho. Also yah basically every Australian start up (many of which just fired 50% of their employees) sound just like this.

I always like seeing terrible economic data and the stock market orgasming due to prospect of less rate rises/more free money times

So you get free mojitos at work? Hey everyone, party at @freddbird’s office next week! Don’t worry about bringing snacks, they’ve got that covered too!

I wish. We don’t even have a physical office anymore, let alone free mojitos (though we did get a cocktails cart one Friday back in 2019). I will admit though, this TikTok was pretty good recruiting for LinkedIn imo.

1 Like

Door Dash still has a $26 billion market cap WHAT THE FUCK

2 Likes

People have conspiracy theories about the CDC engineering COVID-19, but they should really be looking into where this money for DoorDash is going. I’m far more skeptical that a corporation would scheme to engineer and initiate a global pandemic just so they have a profitable business model (lol jk, they still don’t make money).

1 Like

I think the product of what door dash offers is here to stay, imo. It’s just going to be a question of whether they get completely bulldozed by amazon or someone else. They have an edge over grub or uber eats and if they can score part of their silly robotic fleet pipe dream which would actually work and stave off larger competitors they could be set, I guess. Someone is going to offer that specific service.

Does Door Dash do that thing that “tech” companies do where they say their value isn’t actually in their obvious service (food delivery) but in the data they assemble along the way? Having a bunch of data about what people are ordering and when is probably of some value, but the process of delivering food is a loss leader activity required to get the data.