The TSLA Market / Economy

I feel like a graph of Riverman’s opinion of Chamath probably looks a lot like GME in the last few days.

13 Likes

Oh snap i didn’t know there were after hours on fridays. It’s not like that for futures.

Aren’t almost all other brokers free now? How are they making their money?

Payment for order flow.

1 Like

Also net interest margin on cash people leave in their accounts.

Also getting some fraction of customers to pay for shitty financial products and/or advice.

So same thing as RH? Or are they doing something else?

More like ThatcherGamble

Also, they get paid when they lend your shares to people that short them.

Don’t brokers also get a piece of the spread?

Don’t think Robinhood is special in anyway now. The other brokers were charging commissions for a while when Robinhood came along but the commissions were not a large percentage of their revenue.

Robinhood basically had free trades but shittier execution. It’s good for small trades and was always worse for large trades.

Listening to the recent on the media, the main female speaker has 64 shares from like 15 years ago lol

This is basically the payment for order flow.

Stock is 99/101 on the exchange. Customer wants to buy one, citadel (or whoever) sells to the customer at 100.5 and pays Robinhood .10

1 Like
Where will GME open Monday morning?
  • <40
  • 40-100
  • 100-200
  • 200-300
  • 300-400
  • 400-500
  • 500-750
  • 750+

0 voters

I like JonnyA

2 Likes

Lol they were buying options and immediately exercising them to get around the buying limits. Amazing.

How to Buy GME etc [Loophole]

Robinhood and other shitty brokerages are allowing us to buy 2, 5, or very low numbers of GME. However, they are allowing option contracts.

Here’s a trick that will work.

1. Go to Feb 5 option.
  2. Scroll all the way down the call list
  3. Buy GME call option with the cheapest +x.xx%
  4. Immediately exercise.

I just exercised 2 contracts and now have 200 shares, blocking the shorts. You can repeat this process over and over if you are buying a lot.

Best of luck out there! Let’s get them!!!

P.S. If you can afford 100 shares but can’t afford the risk, you can sell (heh…) some shares after you exercise and take risk off the table.

7 Likes

https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/comments/l846a1/gme_yolo_monthend_update_jan_2021/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Probably easy to stay chill about getting doxxed when you’ve got a paper worth of 46,000,000

2 Likes

Lol they are burning money by doing this, paying for a bunch of option value they are then throwing away.

CNBC ran a story this morning filled with personal details. IANAL, but I would be looking into any sort of legal action.

Not really, if you buy options that are deep enough in the money, the price should be very close to market price of stock - strike. Thus, when you exercise you should be getting the stock for a net cost almost exactly equal to the market price