The TSLA Market / Economy

Good day for Suzzer, cruise stocks STONKING

1 Like

Basically just making up the ground they lost Friday and Monday. Rational markets in action.

1 Like

Putin is maybe postponing the war, so markets are happy.

@spidercrab

Today I learned door dash has a -15% operating margin

Lol door dash

-7% today

5 Likes

Yeah but they make it up on volume.

15 Likes

https://twitter.com/CNBCnow/status/1494056365739937796/photo/1

2 Likes

It’s such an obviously terrible business that I can’t even look at it rationally any more. Stock up 20% after hours. Just preposterous. Like, if your revenues were higher than expected, but earnings were lower than expected, that’s a really terrible sign!

Meanwhile NVIDIA beats earnings by 10%, stonk is down. lol stonks.

stonks go up stonks go down cant explain that

3 Likes

“Demand on our Marketplace grew substantially in 2021, exceeding our expectations and the expectations of many who questioned the sustainability of demand as restaurants reopened,” the company said in its letter to shareholders.

Has a real “HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE, INCLUDING THE HATERS” vibe.

1 Like

LOL are more orders really a positive when you lose money on every sale? The business doesn’t scale!

1 Like

Just wait until you can’t order anything without ordering it through door dash. Then they’ll see!

1 Like

I don’t get how doordash loses money. It’s just an app. They don’t pay the drivers, the customer does. Restaurants pay them to be listed!

HOW DO THEY LOSE MONEY. THEY HAVE NO EXPENSES.

They pay the drivers.

There’s delivery fees in the order.

They pay the drivers more than that. They’re losing money on their subscription product basically.

It’s super super stupid which is why Riverman is (correctly) mocking them. The whole business doesn’t actually work.

The reason the traditional delivery restaurants like pizza and chinese were able to offer delivery is because margins are crazy high on pizza and general tso’s chicken. The extra buck or two in price increase they get when they sell a chipotle burrito is simply nowhere close.

Also pizza and Chinese food travels much better than a burger or burrito.

1 Like

Pizza restaurants also get much more productivity out of each driver.

Model needs energy efficient driverless cars and massive consolidation to work imo

Also isn’t just the drivers they spend a shit load of money on marketing and subsidizing new restaurants.

This is the dumbest timeline.

This is the dumbest shit I ever heard.

Of course this is a 9/10 figure company. STONKS.

Agreed I’m all about my door dash subscription right now. Just fired off an order for dinner to come in 4 hours or so.