The Transition of Joe Biden: what's everyone Yellen about?

And republicans will still be talking about Hillary’s emails and Benghazi.

4 Likes

I have no opinion on his transportation plan (as I had no idea what the portfolio even was before this thread) but he is still a prominent representative of the party establishment as a senior cabinet member. I understand that re-litigating this over and over probably isn’t productive but it still matters.

Would it matter if some ex-final solution Nazi was hired by West Germany in the 50s due to his expertise in developing infastructure to move large quantities of ‘cargo’ efficiently.

2 Likes

What’s this we business? You’ve argued against single payer in this forum. Don’t act like the status quo doesn’t suit you just fine. Comparing this to Benghazi. Lick my entire asshole

5 Likes

What do you find unrealistic?

The problem with that approach is that likely there won‘t be a 4th step for a very long time.

1 Like

He does get some of his more abusive posts deleted.

It matters because (and correct me if I’m wrong) you seem very confused as to why a lot of the forum resents Pete to varying degrees. It’s not because he’s gay or a nerd or whatever. That may be true elsewhere, but not here.

Here, it’s pretty much entirely because he went on the attack against Medicare for All during the primary using GOP talking points. Acknowledge this, and many will move on.

(I’m saying this who was interested in Pete in the summer of 2019 and who thinks he’ll do a fine job in his new role.)

7 Likes

Agree, I don’t like Pete, not because he’s a nerd, I’m a nerd. He will probably still do a fine Job in his new position but won’t be doing it as a lefty or what we would probably want him to do.

Is there any evidence he doesn’t believe his position on healthcare? Hasn’t he always been a centrist?

I’m not sure if you’re trolling but

https://twitter.com/PeteButtigieg/status/965396700511825920?s=19

7 Likes

I didn’t realize he had made a statement that clear cut. That’s a pretty gross political pivot.

Yes it was.

Being pilloried is what he deserves. Butnah, give the good boy a treat for his service instead.

Is “How will you pay for it?” really that impermissible a question. You ask it one time and you get to wear a scarlet S for shitlib for the rest of your life.

1 Like
3 Likes

lol. the problem is, it’s always in bad faith and its always followed by a whole host of reasons for why we can’t afford it. It’s not some in a vacuum questions.

3 Likes

I missed that debate, so I never really saw how it went down.

Please note the date on that. It’s before Bernie’s bill was written.

I know everyone here has selective memory on this, but before 2019, “Medicare for all” didn’t mean what it does now. It didn’t really mean anything but “ everyone has a chance to be on Medicare”

I’d loooooove to hear the answer to this question.

Dude, did you read the asterisk? I know why you all hate Pete.

Once again I ask, what does adopting Bernie’s plan exactly with no deviations ever because we must pass his bill and his bill only and there is no other way to achieve universal health care have to do with transportation?

This is all a bit of a big trap. Defending Pete here is almost certainly a waste of time at any point, but definitely as long as he remains the avatar at the center of the current symbolic stoning of a politician. (Note that it doesn’t matter that literally one poster on this site supported him for President).

The trap is that some of the most fervent posters don’t just hate politicians. They hate politics. That’s obviously fine, but it meanst that a lot of these back-and-forths are as useless as they are often ugly.

2 Likes

Right. The problem is Romneycare was created to slowdown and block calls for single payer not created as a means to single payer.

This idea you need to take baby steps to single payer is off anyway. Did all the other countries on earth who have a form of it inch towards it…