The Transition of Joe Biden: what's everyone Yellen about?

Just as long as you always go to other people’s funerals. Otherwise, they won’t come to yours.

1 Like

3 Likes

If we’re being serious, I would attend whatever ceremony or ritual a person chose for themselves or, in circumstances where their death precedes their wishes, in a ceremony or ritual that would honor that person.

https://twitter.com/CBSSunday/status/1332512786732244993?s=20

3 Likes

Worst appointment so far.

7 Likes

Paging Chapo

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1332806476830810117?s=21

1 Like

Do ambassadors matter?

Like what do they actually do on a typical day?

1 Like

The UK ambassador probably doesn’t do much that’s difficult. I’d be mad if she was gonna be ambassador to China or Israel or Saudi Arabia. Those folks actually have work to do.

2 Likes

Fking LOL

2 Likes

Ambassadors matter to countries like Ukraine or Russia or China, etc. Those are legit ambassadors who are usually career foreign service people. Ambassadors to places like Canada or the UK are lol political patronage jobs that don’t matter.

3 Likes

Hurry we must bridge the gap with Republicans! Fuck our voters.

I would much rather he do this with the UK ambassador job than with something that actually matters

2 Likes

well at least it isn’t Megan

2 Likes

I’m just hoping she isn’t the one flying the plane over here.

2 Likes

Early days yet

I think it is mostly a cushy ceremonial gig when it comes to the UK, but on some days they get to oversee damage control when the wife of a US diplomat kills someone with her car and then flees back to the US…

Literally sending a republican out of the country for the next 4 years and people here still get mad.

6 Likes

Can Biden hand over Sacoolas once he takes office?

Should keep a list going.

Chief of Staff - Podesta Group Asbestos Lobbyist
Homeland Security - continuation of Obama Homeland Security
Ambassador to UK - Cindy McCain

? Mistakes? Others?

2 Likes

I think he could waive immunity, but that is rarely done, especially by the US. And even if is waived, I’m not sure if that means that we would actually arrest her and extradite her to the UK, or if it would just mean that she would be subject to arrest by UK authorities if she voluntarily traveled there.