The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

Haha I hate chefs but gave this a shot because I didn’t think it was about chefs and it was great. It’s got Lip from shameless as the lead and he’s good

1 Like

This also makes ROS so much worse for what Luke does

Thank you. I wasn’t bothering to address the passive aggressive digs at me in all his posts.

Not once did I make an overarching pronouncement like, “Breaking Bad was a terrible show that is boring and you are all terrible people for liking it.” All I said was I couldn’t get into it.

It’s weird that people are personally offended by me not liking something they liked. I mean, feel free to present coherent, reasonable, (not ad hominem) arguments as to why something is good, but shitting on me as a person and making snippy comments isn’t going to make me change my mind.

+1

Also, how the fuck does he not know that Vader/Anakin is still alive? I know he was trying to blend in as not a Jedi, but I’d think keeping up with the latest in Sith nation is highly relevant to his interests.

People can like whatever they want. But don’t tell me Kenobi is good or worth the absurd amount of money and labor it took to produce. Still can’t believe I just binged a show where the hero let not one, but two genocidal war criminals go free for… literally no reason.

1 Like

Been enjoying it myself.

Watched the first two episodes of Only Murders in the Building S2. Too early to say if it can repeat what worked so well last time.

Episode 7 was some of the most anxiety inducing television I have ever watched. Jesus.

I think he had a reason for the second one.

Man vs Bee was kinda interesting. almost entirely visual comedy with rowan atkinson. it’s like they wanted another season of mr bean but he wouldn’t do it. so then they offered him millions of dollars and for the show to be about bees instead of beans and rowan accepted the compromise. 3/5 bags of popcorn

What if Bee Movie still on TV

1 Like

When you say bee movie, are you talking about that so-bad-its-good Nic Cage remake of that classic Sir Christopher Lee horror film?

It’s the one with the bees and Nic Cage is all like “Not the bees!”

I don’t think the Chris Lee version had any bees in it, oddly enough.

Yah it’s pretty fun, and an interesting 9 episode, 10 minute per episode format. Probably a great watch with kids.

my wife won’t watch it until the full season is released. fucking netflix binge brain worms have ruined tv

https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/1542359499133947904

2 Likes

Seems like a lot of this ground was covered in this thread.

5 Likes

I don’t think that changes much during the whole series tbh.

Second part of Stranger Things 4 drops today. I will report back if dlk9s jr makes an appearance.

My thoughts:

He knew he was going to kill himself so he borrowed the 300k knowing that his brother would find the note. Then sell the property to the uncle and pocket the 300k

1 Like