The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

Same. However, it did pick up with Kim’s transformation.

Last episode of BCS had a Netflix content warning that spoiled the episode for me which sucked. And now we wait for like a year for the last half of the season.

Last half of the season in 6 weeks here.

Yeah I’m not sure what Netflix will do with the episodes. Will they keep uploading them week after week or will there be a delay before they drop the whole thing.

Seems like the kind of thing I’d pirate to avoid being spoiled.

2 Likes

Wtf was the content warning?

I’m two episodes into 1883 and surprised by all the love it’s received here. I’m not sure what I’m missing.

God watching Tokyo Vice makes me want chain smoke, good show super subtitle heavy but I don’t mind that I usually have captions on anyway

3 Likes

The more you smoke the less likely you are statistically to live to see the worst parts of the climate crisis. Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

3 Likes

every ep of that show got me craving for Japanese food

Well for one, they don’t even really start the main journey until episode 3, but if you thought 1 and 2 were meh, then it might not be your cup of tea.

I’m in COVID isolation so watched the rest anyway and yeah it was not for me. Two thumbs down honestly. Thought it was super corny.

I know it’s a nostalgia grab, but I’m all in. This looks like dumb, cheesy fun and Warwick Davis is a boss.

https://twitter.com/getFANDOM/status/1529899364822372352?s=20&t=AsDjCL7RuqjNlDXZw7PqCQ

1 Like

Watched the first episode of “Welcome to Flatch” last night. It’s Parks & Rec-style mockumentary on Fox about a small town in Ohio (there’s a text intro that straight-up says that Fox sent a camera crew to the town).

Can’t say I absolutely recommend at after the one episode, as it feels like it’s trying too hard, especially with the two main characters. But it was renewed for a second season, so it must be getting viewers. I definitely laughed at some things, so I’ll keep going.

The main reason I’m watching it is because one of my friends who started as a background extra is one of the recurring side characters (Len - grumpy old guy). Everything he does is great.

I expect it to be entertaining, but not “must watch,” which is fine.

Also, Stranger Things Season 4 drops today.

Thats the new Aya Cash vehicle right? I was hoping for better news

I tapped out of Flatch midway through episode 3. Just way too stupid and unfunny.

Yeah, I’m a little worried after watching the first episode. It’s really cool that my background buddy has a recurring role on a show, so I want it to be good and succeed (he’s the killer from Too Many Cooks). Might find it’s groove, but as I said, it feels like the two main characters are trying WAY too hard to be quirky. The other characters/actors - Aya Cash, Seann William Scott, and the lesser side characters - all seem good.

We’ll see. Not everything has to be prestige television.

After how good Mando was I’m excited for Kenobi.

Anyone else watching Time Travelers Wife. First two episodes seemed solid to me.

I had seen the movie, but had forgotten how twisted the story is (and think it only gets darker). Sounds like the movie tried to make the story a bit lighter.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/SeanStanglandDH/status/1530087533182390273?t=i9RoYaKUhdERnY0WK9SMXw&s=19

1 Like