The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

Cannot wait for this. The original was such an event at the time I can remember my parents’ friends gathering at the house like it was the Super Bowl. This will finally push me to subscribe to Hulu (or FX).

Might also be a good time for about my 20th reread of the novel.

2 Likes

3.5/5? Elbows too pointy!

1 Like

It’s like he never left

8 Likes

Yeah, its a fantastic episode. It felt like I was in college again watching it. I would love to see him be back fulltime, but for now Ill take the Oliver Sunday, Stewart Monday 1-2 punch for the remainder of election season.

5 Likes

Plus Colbert imo tho fair enough not the same tier.

I hope this positions the three for an election day crossover.

Heck yeah.

I hope this serves as a proof of concept for a modern adaptation of Musashi. Give me epic swordplay :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Were you a fan by chance of the movie The Hunted? The one starring Christopher Lambert. It’s got real Shogun vibes, especially the last third (but with ninjas).

1 Like

That looks better than the Ruger Hauer adaptation of Zaitoichi I saw few weeks ago.

1 Like

It definitely clears the bar. I like to imagine it as what happened to Connor MacLeod once he won the Prize and became mortal. So between Highlander 1 and 3, with 2 as a still possible sequel if watching the Renegade Version.

It’s so good to have him back in the seat.

1 Like

Have never heard of the movie. Will check it out.

1 Like

Brian Cox getting that bag

3 Likes

It’s good to have your pony back in the seat also

2 Likes

My pony lives in the back seat.

1 Like

This ended up being great and yup, mega Get Shorty vibes. I’d put it on the same level as the first two seasons. I’d watch a second season of The Offer, especially if they included the making of Godfather 3.

Finished True Detective S1. Thought the ending fell a little flat compared to the prior episodes but overall it was a terrific season of TV, up there with the best. Sad that the subsequent seasons didn’t deliver in the same way.

2 Likes

Yeah, the dude is a natural when it comes to this format.

Yea ending is a bit of a letdown

Binged NCIS Sydney and the first episodes of Hawaii and original recipe to catch up on all things NCIS.

Sydney was fine, nothing special, nothing unwatchable. Hey, look, it’s Astra from Legends of Tomorrow! The characters seemed likable and mostly not driven by an infuriating amount of secret trauma.

It looks like episode 2 of NCIS will be a tribute to David McCallum.

1 Like

No secret trauma. Yet. It’s coming. :100:

1 Like

Since it’s an Australian production that wouldn’t have been shown in the US if not for the writers’ strike, there’s a chance they might be a bit different.

1 Like