The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

Been thinking about this after reading a piece about Frasier and his son. I think the show has a shot if they manage to flip the dynamic of a father moving in with their son where now the son is the baseball nut (no cop no whammy) and Frasier is the insufferable dad who wishes his son would chill the eff out and let him record his podcast in peace.

Oh I have seen green room. Was thinking of green book lol.

Second half of S6

Since I’m watching them in succession the seasons are all kind of blending together, and they’re all equally good, except for S1 when the series was still finding its traction. Can’t wait to see what the final season has in store.

I’m hoping for the best and I’ll probably give it a shot. Thankfully it feels like a freeroll as a Cheers/Frasier fan. Either they build the legend further or they fail and I’ll quickly bail on it and try (likely with good success) to forget it ever happened.

1 Like

Parasite was a great watch. Right up my alley, thanks for all those who recommended. I got two days to get to the rest of them.

3 Likes

Right? Frasier itself succeeded against very long odds. Maybe longer odds than this newest iteration given the high quality of legasequels on display in recent years.

My biggest concern is no longer the viability of the franchise but the fact that it’s being made by Paramount+. Those mfkers are notorious for getting it wrong, eg True Lies, Fatal Attraction.

Fortunately as you said, if it’s bad we can forget it. The original will always be amazing.

Attaboy, I still have Barbarian as number two on the list. Let us know how it goes.

1 Like

Gonna take a shot and say if you enjoyed Parasite you may also enjoy Kajillionaire.

Two con artists have spent 26 years training their only daughter to swindle, scam and steal at every turn. During a desperate and hastily conceived heist, they charm a stranger into joining them, only to have their entire world turned upside down.

1 Like

Sopranos S5 question.

Does Finn propose to Meadow mainly as a defense mechanism for protection against the crazy gay mafia guy? Or out of true love?

It’s because he’s a dope and it’s the only way he can think of to put out the fire.

3 Likes

Sounds like my type of movie.

1 Like
2 Likes

1 Like

sopranos-ohh

3 Likes

At least she’s not with that fucking Bobby DeMarco

1 Like

But also

3 Likes

Such timely development given where I am in watching the series.

1 Like

Catching up on Justified, and I’m happy to report Timothy Olyphant definitely doesn’t have a dad bod

Just started Sopranos S6 and omg wtf? Wasn’t ready for all that.

3 Likes