The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

lol I saw that ad yesterday and had to click on it to see the replies.

1 Like

Righteous Gemstones is one of those legitimately very good, popular shows that I just havenā€™t been able to get into. I think my wife and I even got to Season 2, but we were kind of just watching because we knew it was supposed to be good. And it is. I enjoyed it. But it never grabbed me and we just stopped watching for no specific reason.

1 Like

The Tony Danza oysters bit had me dying

1 Like

Calling all Jury Duty fans!!!

T1J is the fuckinā€™ tits. He did a great video on the OTHER Jury Duty series that came out a long long time ago.

:vince3:

3 Likes

Never forget

Eta: sorry wrong scene

1 Like

and Weeknd did a whole episode of American Dad so I canā€™t hate him

2 Likes

Lol havenā€™t seen that one. Thatā€™s such a weird show. I enjoy it when I watch it but have no desire to put it on without prompt.

1 Like

We wrapped up S1 of ā€˜Fargoā€™ and what a great season of TV! The performances were great all around, but the main four of Thornton, Hanks, Freeman and especially Tolman were fantastic. I am not sure if I have seen her in anything since then though? She was great and should definitely be working more. I loved all the callouts to the movie, like the money bag Oliver Plattā€™s character found and the parking lot thing with him and even the fact that they used the same theme song. The ending was satisfying too. Would watch again for sure.

We are already on E5 of S2 and it is shaping up to be a good one. I do have one question though about something I apparently missed and am confused about: how the hell did the Indian enforcer for the Gerharts pick up Todd Alquistā€™s trail? I was admittedly doing a bit of light gaming and of course my gf was on her phone so she missed it as well and we didnā€™t bother to rewind and now we are lost on that point. One minute the oldest Gerhart son is sending him out to find Roman Roy no matter who has to die, the next minute heā€™s at the damn body shop next to Toddā€™s car! And next heā€™s finding Romanā€™s belt buckle in the fireplace wtf?

1 Like

Answer to your spoiler is that you just have to suspend your disbelief and accept that he is very smart and an incredibly good detective. It has been a while since I have seen it, but Iā€™m 99% sure no reason beyond that is given. They do show the clues that he finds along the way, but it would take Columbo+ level skills to piece it together as well and as instantaneously as he does.

1 Like

Exactly! And like the cops are small town guys I get that, but theyā€™re clearly not portrayed as bumbling fools like say Odenkirk and company in S1. None of them pieces it together until he does, and even then they canā€™t prove it even when Todd and Mary Jane basically admit it

The issue with ā€˜The Idolā€™ is that we donā€™t get Uncut Gems Weeknd, weā€™re getting Super Bowl halftime show Weeknd

2 Likes

Almost done with season 2 of The Bear. Has been amazing. Episodes 6 and 7 hit as everyone here said.

A few asides, Oliver platt is one of my all time favorite actors.

Richie said ā€œstreets aheadā€ in e9. As a community fan this really cracked me up.

6 Likes

what did you mean by this?

I just finished Ted Lasso and I donā€™t really get how anyone can earnestly hate on this show. Despite being saccharine, and relentlessly positive, at its core is a story of how deeply flawed and broken people can come out the other side when they learn to be honest with themselves and ask for forgiveness and help when they need it. And this hits home in all the right ways during the final season bc of how quickly you came to care about these people from the first season - and you know you did.

This was a great, warm-hearted TV show and if you didnā€™t like it, youā€™re a bloody cold-hearted bastard. But thatā€™s OK. I forgive you. Just like Ted would.

3 Likes

As @LKJ may have guessed, I posted that during the Sound of Music scene. Most of the rest of the ep seemed in line with the rest of the show.

that was the best scene ever.

I had multiple other issues with the episode, but that was surely what I will forever identify with that finale. Absolutely dreadful stuff.

I would much prefer an alternate reality where Apple had simply destroyed the tape of the finale and then posted a shrugging emoticon and left us all to accept that the penultimate episode was functionally the finale. That episode was fantastic and this result would have given me a much different pain than the actual finale did: I would have had to live with the incorrect assumption that the unseen finale was great.

Iā€™d sooner sit and rewatch the bad Seinfeld finale than the Ted Lasso finale. The Seinfeld finale committed a lesser crime by simply being underwhelming.

Boo! This is a terrible opinion!

Jk. But really disagree. The Seinfeld finale was the all-time worst and the Lasso finale is like the way Six Feet Under ended in comparison.

Would be curious to know what issues you had with the finale that youā€™d compare it to the Seinfeld ending.

1 Like

Considered one of if not the GOAT series finales of all time. Ted Lasso pulled it off to that level? Or are we far apart in whether the SFU finale was perfect lol

Hell no. I was just trying to say that it was much better than the Seinfeld finale, by comparison, and not as bad as lkj makes it sound

1 Like