The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

Do you want semi spoilers about the cast?

How do you mean? I already looked up who all is in it fwiw

Oh, only that its like True Detective with a new cast every season

Oh yes I knew that. The little synopsis that Hulu gives is for the current season which I know has none of these people and I saw the ads back when it first came out

1 Like

Season 1 is excellent. I donā€™t think I made it through season 2.

psych + the riches = shut eye on hulu starring the guy from burn notice as a white con man psychic who works under the thumb of romani mafia in LA. i especially like how he gains actual psychic powers after getting hit in the head, but theyā€™re very subtle psychic powers, heā€™s not able to control them yet. i think theyā€™re trying to make it darker than iā€™m receiving it at this moment but iā€™m having fun, itā€™s a fun little show

2 Likes

IMG_6550

season 1 and 2 of Fargo were great, 3 I remember liking a decent amount but probably less than the first couple. didnā€™t make it through season 4

also Righteous Gemstones has released 3 episodes and I didnā€™t even know about it until I opened up HBO today

1 Like

Season 2 > 1 IMO. They were all good though. Even 4.

Leftovers update

West Wing lady is pregnant
Fake doctor to Doctor Who: congratulations!

1 Like

I liked Leftovers overall. I still occasionally just listen to the soundtrack (or in this case a fan edit of the soundtrack).

the guys from breaking bad guest star this weekā€™s episode of its always sunny in philadelphia, and the gang keeps referring to them as ā€œmalcolm and his dadā€

3 Likes

So this American Gladiators doc on Netflix. Episode 1 is really interesting for what they cover. Its this kind of really deep dive into television pilots, syndication, local tv conferences. Almost anything BUT Gladiators itself. Very odd start

2 Likes

Just finished the whole thing. Brought back childhood memories. The TV execs come off the douchiest. Enjoyed the docs and canā€™t believe how well some people age lol

8 Likes

Yeah Ice and Laser look fucking incredible

Wait wtf?

1 Like

Wow, Roger Ebert is a fan? Thatā€™s big praise wait a minute

Have to say I was a little disappointed in these, I hope they arenā€™t mailing in this season. I did see thereā€™s also new episodes of Warrior. Iā€™d forgotten about that one but did enjoy the first couple seasons.

This god-awful local morning zoo type show I landed on a few weeks ago during my morning commute had a couple of guys arguing over whether or not Ebert would give thumbs up or down to the Little Mermaid remake because black mermaid. They were on about it for a good ten minutes before one of the other idiots got on google and found out that Ebert has been dead for ten years. They did not even break stride, right on to some other idiotic topic. Terrestrial radio is such shit now.

1 Like