The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

I’m watching season 2 now but started off re watching the s1 finale and I’ll be damned if this 7 minute dialogue isn’t the perfect way to jump back into the show. This mfker breaks my heart.

2 Likes

This has 1 million views :eyes:

1 Like

It is an amazing episode of tv. Forgot how good it was until I hit it on rewatch.

1 Like

We will likely never see many more pay phone gags like that,

So excited but my internet is down so was trying to watch on evaporated hotspot and was not going well. So I have to wait.

Trying to avoid this thread until I’ve watched the entire season of The Bear, but :heart: Robert Townsend :heart:

Is The Bear depressing? Everyone loves it but I can’t do depressing.

Depressing isn’t the word I’d use, but it’s not light. It can stress me out.

It’s more of a realistic drama about trauma/addiction/failure/depression/imposter syndrome than depressing in my opinion. The vast majority of the show takes part in the back of a crappy restaurant. (Only watched 2 eps of S2 so far for full disclosure)

It’s one of the best shows on tv over the past couple of years in my opinion. It’s worth the painful parts for how good it is.

1 Like

I wouldn’t call it depressing either. Although I do watch and wonder how anyone could handle living a life like that, it certainly wouldn’t be for me.

Alcoholism / drug addiction / other dependencies

Hmmmmmm.

Is this something I should watch with a son going into the culinary world?

2 Likes

IMO the show focuses more on the stress and the sisyphean struggle of making a restaurant work than it does on the fucked-upness of people who are drawn to it anyway.

Yes imo

It’s a show that rewards your investment, but it asks a lot.

I’d also watch Chef to refresh your mood.

1 Like

I have worked in every area of the restaurant industry. A big part of my job satisfaction is the enjoyment of customers. It’s not as high end as what goes on in “The Bear”, but it’s similar.

2 Likes

Definitely. It’s a very realistic representation of the restaurant industry.

Cosigned.

2 Likes

Another reason to watch The Bear - A+ Chicago-centric dad rock.

4 Likes

The Bear is also quite uplifting at times

2 Likes

Sopranos Season 6 - Wedding episode.

slow start with stupid dream sequence, but this season has had some great episodes. Just finished the one with Johnny Sacks daughters wedding.

my favourite part is the way it’s sets up for you to be upset at the government and all their restrictions but then they plan a murder at the wedding that wouldn’t have happened without a face to face meeting.

and of course, Vito being outed at the gay club, all packed in the same episode.

Yes the succession bear heads

https://twitter.com/kocasoda/status/1673040981732515840

2 Likes