The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

LA Times headline on Google News spoiled Succession, those goddamn motherfuckers.

1 Like

Wtf?! Raggggeeee

What an absolutely terrible episode to spoil. Iā€™m upset for you. Following the kids along with the kind of knowing but getting confusing details and somehow translating that into not being sure was just a brilliant 30 mins of immersive television.

Damn that was good.

Yeah, wtf, I just checked the LA Times website itself and the headline couldnā€™t even be interpreted as an accidental spoiler.

Edit: they put a note IN the article that itā€™s a spoiler. And not right at the beginning if someone somehow missed the headline.

Succession Do you think we are going to get lots of flash backs from the past? Seven episodes seems like a lot without Logan

Need to get back into Sopranos viewing. Got sidetracked by the latest season of Love It or List It.

2 Likes

Iā€™m watching now, but in case anyone is curious about the LA Times headline, which is still up:

Major spoiler obvi

Which one of yā€™all gonna do a Succession episode recap :popcorn:

I need help appreciating the show. Obv itā€™s good nay great but I keep turning it off for other stuff.

Dave Chen and Decoding Everything are doing some coverage but I switched that too so I could listen to Dave and his wife Joy cover a show Iā€™m not even watching lol

https://medium.com/translating-everything/joy-of-napping-watches-love-is-blind-with-her-eyes-wide-open-a99773c5619d?sk=a86892148861a6d189ea752bcb29e748

https://twitter.com/StephMagister/status/1645297973172260864?s=20

https://medium.com/translating-everything/translating-everything-recaps-the-power-episode-4-8d4b0f5bce83?sk=8f0c10c753edd70813b44e7699987c96

https://twitter.com/ThePoweronPrime/status/1644059901272965122

Hereā€™s the theme song.

Succession

Weā€™ll be OK. Weā€™ll get people, weā€™ll get a funeral off the rack. We can do Reaganā€™s with tweaks.

3 Likes

Sure, but

Greglets!

2 Likes

Succession When Tom called, I thought it was a trick.

1 Like

Succession

Man was that awesome stuff. I absolutely love that we get 7 episodes of aftermath. I suspect weā€™re going to see it all unravel for basically everyone. Logan was an unambiguously horrible person and the trauma he inflicted on his kids is his personal legacy. At the same time, he canā€™t take the bullets for them in their careers anymore and they are sure to crash and burn now. Canā€™t wait.

Random stuff I loved:

• Kerry being instantly iced out
  • ā€œGet the best medical aviation expert on the fucking planetā€
  • The Reagan funeral comment
  • I canā€™t forgive you but I love you
  • Willa being honest about the money and Conor with Willaā€™s mom
  • The security dudeā€™s face and body language
  • Carolina and that PR asshole having ice in their veins
  • All the kidsā€™ acting was phenomenal
3 Likes

I need a secret decoder ring that gives me one time mod powers to create a new thread whenever there are a million posts about a single show

Regarding episodes that are tough to watch, Iā€™m on my 10th? rewatch and the only one I consistently skip is ā€˜Employee of the Month.ā€™ But yeah, University is tough too. As for Ralphie, Michael Imperioli I think mentioned in the podcast he did with Schirippa, or maybe it was Chase himself, that Ralphie is basically an avatar for the devil in the show. You can spot little clues throughout if you look closely. He was very much intended to be viewed as the most evil of the lot of bad guys. Tony is fatally flawed, yes, but he does at least love and care for his family, in the end. Ralphie is completely irredeemable.

1 Like

The gf and I watched Mike Myersā€™ Netflix mini-series ā€˜The Pentaverate.ā€™ It was just okay. It got kind of silly in the middle, but there were some really funny jokes/moments in there. The episodes were only a half hour each which was nice, and he ended it well enough we thought. Probably wonā€™t watch it again but we liked it decently the first viewing.

1 Like

I just saw an la times alert on my iPad and I am pretty sure they spoiled it. I have not watched any of s4 yet though.

USA Today just spoiled it for me too. What is with these people.

ā€œTrauma of Sudden Death!ā€

Over any real period of time the spoiler is probably unavoidable. But putting it in their headlines within a few hours of the episode airing is just inexcusable.

If I cared a little more Iā€™d cancel my LA Times subscription, but I already canceled NYT and Wapo so Iā€™m reluctant to do that

1 Like