The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

I just finished my Game of Thrones re-watch. I actually enjoyed round 2 quite a lot. I remember enjoying the later seasons more than most did, not really hating it until the last 2 episodes. However those 2 episodes were actually a lot better this time. Maybe because I knew what was happening and could just focus on the actors performances, which are pretty amazing, especially Dinklage. But the ending felt a bit softer and less shitty than the first time. That is all.

3 Likes

oh yeah loved that one, was very sad that it was prematurely canceled and didnā€™t really get a good ending.

Crashed my Scion at 100mph

2 Likes

Yeah, that was disappointing. I debated starting the 2nd season when I heard there wouldnā€™t be a third but the 1st season was too good to not continue. Would love to see it wrapped up though.

One of my faves with no conclusion in site is The OA which left us on a serious cliffhanger. Iā€™m hoping Marling and Batmanglij find some way to complete it. Iā€™d be fine with a graphic novel. They have a new show, Retreat, coming out at some point as well.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1640804715280896001?s=20

Sad, but probably for the best.

Yeah this is one of the craziest things ive ever seen on film

From a few days ago. He specifies Season 12, but thereā€™s a bit of a somber tone.

https://twitter.com/TheRichardLewis/status/1639538837537050624?t=aktgFGVQO46FhX3fKoj7Ag&s=19

Yellow Jackets season 1 was awesome imho.

The Tom/Shiv scenes at the end were good too. One thing that tilted me was how Colin had way too much makeup on in the dinner scene.

Actually, rewatching now and it seems much better.

The tire at the end is brutal
90829eeaec2bba420745839858f338955e645d44

1 Like

Getting started on Season 2 of Sopranos. Donā€™t know what to make of the final scene of EP1 with Tony and Carmela in the kitchen.

Isnā€™t Richard Lewis dealing with cancer or something?

I believe heā€™s waiting for a liver transplant

ā€œYouā€™re home early. I thought it was AJ, home from school.ā€

What does Melfi represent to Tony? What is he looking for in that moment when Melfi tells Tony to fuck off forever?

1 Like

Lol I am watching that episode at this very moment.

Canā€™t believe Iā€™m being spoilered on the Sopranos ITT. Started a re-watch with the wife who hasnā€™t seen it before, and Iā€™ve def forgotten a ton of scenes.

5 Likes

Been on a rewatch of the Sopranos as well motivated by this thread. Decided to skip s1-s2 as I have started and stopped a bunch of times doing the full rewatch so have seen those seasons a ton. I got to Pine Barrens last night and almost skipped it because it is so unforgettable figuring I would be bored. Glad I didnā€™t. That episode is a masterpiece and holds up so well. I laughed out loud several times.

TRY MIXING THE RELISH PACKETS WITH THE KETCHUP PACKETS!

Also I just realized last night Paulieā€™s car is gone but he is seen later in the show driving the exact same car? Do we just assume he buys the exact same car again? I guess maybe the fact he is so OCD about everything points to yes?

Otherwise itā€™s like they just forgot his car was missing. Although frankly the fact they pretty much just left that plot there for us to wonder is great imo.

Also I think I had forgotten how late in the show Chris gets mega fucked up on drugs. Iā€™m at the halfway point and he is relatively functional. I would have taken the under on that.