The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

Larry is a superior version of George, really. Jerry is a kind of pointless straight man in the original series.

1 Like

I’ve heard it said (even by the two principals) that George was Larry’s alter ego, but they’ve never seemed remotely similar to me.

They make reference to it in Curb.

1 Like

Right, I know George is supposed to be Larry, but George’s character in Seinfeld has never felt anything similar to Larry’s in Curb to me. They just feel like two completely different personalities.

Curb has too much yelling. Still good show but Seinfeld > Curb

History of the World Part II has some sketches called Curb Your Judaism with JB Smoove.

1 Like

Possibly of interest…

https://twitter.com/firstwefeast/status/1633226017602150400?s=20

3 Likes

Oh holy shit, that might be Shawn’s biggest get.

Bigger than Cate Blanchett last fall? Not sure to evaluate some of the musicians who’ve been on.

2 Likes

I’ve got Curb better on initial viewing but Seinfeld is much more rewatchable.

Might be the worst take I’ve ever seen.

George might be #1 most likable character in any medium. Certainly better than any IRL people anyone here has ever (or will ever) meet.

I mean that’s kind of true which is why the finale is what it is, but I love all 4 of those characters. Seinfeld is freaking great.

1 Like

He’s a character where it’s totally believable that the board members of the Susan Ross Foundation would think he killed her.

1 Like

That’s the genius of it

2 Likes

An aside from Party Down episode 2, Jennifer Garner has so much charisma and chemistry.

Seinfeld feels very of its own moment. It is aging terribly.

3 Likes

Basically the Joe Schmo Show, but this looks like it could be entertaining:

https://twitter.com/tomskerrittfan1/status/1633223346782621698

I lol’ed at the “jump scare” and Pacific Rim: Uprising.

2 Likes

I dunno, there was zero arousal for me

I’m 3 ep into watchmen, don’t know the source material but after 3 ep it’s disjointed as fuck, don’t know where it’s going or anything, is it worth to continue?