The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

Agree. I don’t really like Imperioli’s kid and the “romance” with the assistant, but I really like the pacing and tone of all the rest of it. I’m not a big Aubrey Plaza fan which is probably sacrilege but I think she’s doing a very good job in this.

not a fan of Plaza either but I don’t mind her character here, I’m entertained through 2 episodes

People dont like Aubrey Plaza?

2 Likes

I haven’t seen her in much but she’s perfect in this role.

I’m not liking this season as much as the first, but it could just be because the new resort manager can’t compete with Armond.

1 Like

Weird al biopic streaming free on roku, not bad at all, pretty good performance by daniel radcliffe and rainn wilson is always great. so many cameos i lost count.

4 bags easy

???

I laughed

2 Likes

Anyone else watching The Peripheral on Prime?
Sci-fi fantasy show based on a book. I’m really enjoying it.

3 Likes

A girl sees something she is not supposed to while testing a VR game. The show goes back and forth between different timelines 70 years apart. There’s only 4 episodes so far so I don’t know the full story. The design and settings are great. Acting is good enough. Main characters are likable.

1 Like

Finished Cabinet of Curiosities this evening.

Definitely worth the watch. Only one clunker (Episode 4), and the rest were good to great. I think the last two were my favorites.

1 Like

It’s a good book. I’m afraid to watch the show.

TBH, I’m not exactly sure what a simp even is. I have a decent idea based on context alone, but not 100% sure.

it’s used in a lot of different ways on a lot of different levels but it’s usually used to describe a hopeless guy with women

More specifically a guy who has no shot but will do anything for a chance with a specific woman

1 Like

What do either of these have to do with the misogyny that @clovis8 is referring to.

I do not know why that term would be misogynistic. There are probably misogynistic contexts in which it is used, I’m sure, but I don’t personally think the term itself is - I have major blind spots here though

Really? I thought she was pretty great.

binge caught up with this today. it stars superstar chloe grace-mortez, who i’ve never seen act in anything but whose name i instantly recognize as a big big star. pretty good sci fi stuff. better than a lot of junk on tv.

4 bags

3 Likes

an incel used the term once therefore some reactionaries think it’s irreparably tainted

I don’t think y’all appreciate the level of irony Gen-Z operates on.

2 Likes