The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

What you’ve seen so far is basically entirely setup. I was also meh after 5.

3 Likes

That’s how my wife feels about Call me Kat. (RIP Leslie Jordan)

I think you’re just gonna have to take everyone’s word on this one.

At this point, my only fear is that they aren’t going to stick the landing when they ultimately decide to bring the series to the end.

1 Like

Seeing as Blockbuster was the last actual job I held, I wanted to like the series that just came out, but gave up after 7 minutes, and then looked on IMDB and saw it only got 5.1. I’ll at least rewind the stream to the beginning out of kindness.

2 Likes

I’m so old I worked in a local video store before Blockbuster wiped them all out.

RIP Front Row Video

3 Likes

Oh no, thats a terrible place to stop

1 Like

I worked the video rental department at two different grocery stores, back when grocery stores had video rental departments.

1 Like

Ok, Ok, I’ll give it one more try.

1 Like

The new version of all quiet on the western front on netflix is really good although a very tough watch.

1 Like

I hate-watched seasons 2 and 3 of Westworld but thought S4 was kinda ok. Like it finally found some coherent narrative footing and wasn’t being overly clever and obscure just for the sake of it.

1 Like

Didnt Discovery announce like a 25 billion loss this quarter? I dont think Westworld will be the only casualty.

Nevrrmind - 4 billion, but still

4 billion? That’s half of 44 billion isn’t it?

2 Likes

First season was great, but then they were just going too random with action sequences, character super powers, and plot twists. Still a shame though, I feel like they at least earned a shot to wrap things up, even if just a movie or shortened season.

1 Like

Gahahaha, yes, this was exactly what I hoped it would be, my boy Panos does it again. 5/5 bags of popcorn.

Henry Cavill seems like a fucking mensch

1 Like

White Lotus S02E02 was decent, but I cant stand the lame grandson.

Watched through EP7 of Severance. It’s definitely gotten more interesting.

The reveal at the end of #7 was completely unexpected.

3 Likes

:vince2:

2 Likes

Watched the first three eps of the Watcher with gf. This show fucking sucks. Close to plot committed but going to make an exploitative fold.

3 Likes