The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

SPOILERS GUYS JESUS

OH WAIT THIS SHOW IS A POOPY

(jk sorry i just cant be bothered god i dont wanna be hurt again)

dahmer is a bit to go through tho, cant decide how i feel. prolly gonna end up a 5 bagger tbh but the subject matter is difficult.

I’m not usually affected by these types of series (I’m mostly dead inside), but damn Ep. 6 of Dahmer was a tough watch.

If nothing else, the soundtrack to the Rings show is outstanding.

The day for night shooting flattens the shading and makes it seem like someone just turns a knob dimming everything as opposed to the contrast between shadows and light that plays at night, if they were actually shooting at night.

I am really enjoying The Patient now and am prepared to pronounce it “good”.

It gets close to heavy-handed with the Auschwitz stuff but doesn’t go over the line imo.

My therapist, to whom I was very very close, was killed in an accident at the beginning of the pandemic. His absence is consciously with me very often, almost every day. So I think that’s contributing to the show hitting me. He and I would be talking about it every week.

2 Likes

The Patient is quite good for a show that involves basically only two characters (obviously there are others, but two get the majority of the screen time) in a single room. Premise is simple, but they are doing a good job at taking each episode somewhere beyond just the obvious tension of the situation.

The inner dialogue with his dead therapist was excellent. And David Alan Grier was a nice surprise.

Figure it’s a good sign that the episodes are short, but I wish they were longer.

Watched the first 4 episodes of Welcome to Wexham, kept me entertained it seems like a good binge show

1 Like

The Patient is legit great. Hope it lands.

1 Like

:vince2:

I thought Willis had some kind of degenerative brain disease? Guess it could be a reboot with new actors.

Sounds like they made a deal to finally stream the original series

Ah

If you’ve liked it, the Sunderland show on Netflix is also fantastic.
They were a EPL team I believe the first season, and you follow them as they crash down the pyramid and you see a team just terribly ran. Like, give the team to jwax, CN and I and we could do better. That’s how bad it was.

The Amazon “all or nothing” shows are nowhere near as good, they’re way too vanilla.

I want a Moonlighting spinoff with Herbert and Agnes. I have faith that Curtis Armstrong can carry a show.

1 Like

Dahmer

The whole show is fucked. Episode 6 is extra fucked. fuck.

1 Like

I think I have to skip,this one. Don’t really need to spend time in that guys head. :grin:

1 Like

Yeah it absolutely cant have Willis in it

Just finished industry. Couldn’t care less about the Jasmine plot. Enjoyed the harper/bloom stuff except

The ending made no sense. Why does Eric still have a job if Harper and Bloom aren’t there anymore?

But maybe…or nah?

2 eps into Dahmer and it’s very good. This is extremely intense and disturbing, so definitely avoid if you don’t want that kind of energy. Kind of reminds me of Seven in that there’s very little explicit gore or violence but the way it’s paced and filmed and the implicit horrors creep me the fuck out.

Growing up I had no idea about the racial/gender/sexual politics behind the Dahmer murders. I hate that I learn about this kind of thing via TV but it is what it is.