The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

The Ted series on Peacock is pretty damn funny and the CGI of the teddy bear is among the best I’ve ever seen.

2 Likes

I started watching it and then I wondered if it is funny or I am just stupid. I will pick it back up. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Not every comedy has to be high brow. Teenage masturbation humor can be funny, too.

Or should I say teddy bear masturbation humor?

1 Like

With all the True Detective talk lately, finally began watching S1. So far it’s delivering. Is the correct play to just watch S1 and then abandon the series?

1 Like

Yes

5 Likes

Incidentally, if you’re looking for more Van Lathan Ringer podcasting, he and Charles Holmes covered The Bear S2 and The Last of Us S1 for The Prestige TV Podcast. Really enjoyed them on those.

1 Like

Not exactly. Skip S2 and go to S3. S3 is very solid. Almost as good as 1, imo.

1 Like

Nice. I see they also discuss a bunch of other great titles like The Morning Show and The Curse.

Joanna Robinson :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

S3 is quite good. But don’t watch it until several shows after you finish S1.

2 Likes

Larry explicitly denies knowing what joke was coming. Impressive no-sell.

1 Like

Love on the Spectrum

8/10

Still the best dating show on television. The only thing that could have been better this season would be to focus on fewer people and more about their lives but it’s still really good. Connor’s mom is absolutely amazing in helping him. Like 10/10 communication skills

4 Likes

Catching some STTNG. Data goes back to 19th c SF.

Realized Gul Dukat is the main speaking poker player in the game Data made the money he needed.

3 Likes

I was super excited when I saw Netflix just released a 6-part Alexander the Great series, but then I saw it’s at 4.7 on IMDB. How do you bungle something that badly?

I actually kinda liked their miniseries on Tokugawa and the Romanovs, I might watch this.

Anyone watching Mr. & Mrs. Smith? 3 eps in seems promising so far.

I’m loving the new season of Traitors, but after watching The Curse, I can’t help but see the seems between production. It’s presented as taking place over several days, but I’m pretty sure the season is filmed over a very short period of one or two days, with b-roll making it seem like night passes between banishments. The breakfast room is more of a snack room every time a new “day” starts.

The Americans is classic example of the story following where the characters go rather than the other way around.

Watched episode one and it was a little slow. But it’s Donald Glover so I’ll stick with it

Also. I was this many years old when I learned he was Donald Glover not Danny Glover…

1 Like

Three episodes into True Detective, and as I’ve heard for years, it’s elite TV. Sucks that they were unable to keep up this level in the subsequent seasons.

2 Likes