The Television Streaming Thread: Now With Felonies

I get the really basic, limited commercials tier of Hulu free with my phone plan and I have started exploring it. I hate the interface. Are there any streaming services which have some sort of list view of content without any thumbnails or tiles?

I also want to be able to increase playback speed like I can on Youtube. Binging is easier when I can watch at 1.5x speed.

Love this show. Guess I didnt realize it was actually done, that sucks

1 Like

Watched the Chernobyl series on HBO and itā€™s as good as everyone has said.

7 Likes

The interface is shit on purpose. This is the world we live in now. They want you to browse.

binging is easier when i play videogames or read internet or some other second thing while a show plays

1 Like

i was rewatching family guy for like 16 hours yesterday and it got to the point where hulu was prompting me to hit play for every episode. idk if itā€™s a glitch or a snooze feature

YES Iā€™M STILL WATCHING FUCK YOU HULU

1 Like

Apple plans to release several of its streaming service movies in theaters first.

Binged watched Crikey itā€™s the Irvinā€™s over the past few days.

Iā€™m blown away by Robert, Steveā€™s son. Dude is 14 on the show but youā€™d think heā€™s at least 20. I didnā€™t realize he was 14 until one of his co-workers mentioned in the final episode. Dude is legit good. Heā€™s already a professional photographer and selling his prints for $75-100. I like how they donā€™t dumb it down or sugarcoat anything. They show deaths, births, pregnancies, everything.

If you liked the Crocodile Hunter, youā€™d probably like this show. New episodes will be back next week.

At least on Netflix itā€™s a feature you can turn off.

Went to watch what Jeff Dunham was up to in his Netflix special. It was pretty insane how huge that crowd was. Could probably make Kevin Hart jealous.

New puppet is basically Peanut in a suit. It seemed like he was supposed to be up there longer but was cut short since it was bombing.

More picking at low-hanging fruit and predictable jokes. Skipped through large portions of it. Jokes werenā€™t enough potent enough to be offensive.

I watched Thereā€™s Something Wrong With Aunt Diane yesterday on HBO Documentaries. Truly a bizarre and gut-wrenching story. Donā€™t watch it with kids around.

If you donā€™t have access to HBO Docs you can read about the accident and case here

Just watched the first episode of Unbelievable on Netflix. Easily the hardest to watch hour of tv Iā€™ve ever seen. Itā€™s good but wow was that tough.

1 Like

Yeah that first hour is fucking brutal.

1 Like

Donā€™t think I can bring myself to watch. I frickin cried during the first episode of Derek and that was supposed to be a comedy. Doubt Iā€™ll be able to handle this.

Speaking of sad stuff, the documentary series on undocumented citizens looks interesting. Surprised they were able to find people given their legal status.

I just binged all 8 episodes in a row! Amazing show.

1 Like

Undocumented is well done but super depressing. I had to take a break after 3 episodes.

Itā€™s gut wrenching and truly sick. An ICE agent literally assaults an attorney while he knows that heā€™s being filmed. Seeing families being separated sucks a lot. Thereā€™s a guy who voted for Trump and now his wife is getting deported and he shows no emotion about it.

Still waiting to dive in after being warned here previously. Going to try and watch this weekend.

Big Mouth is a solid comedy show, 4 bags of popcorn

1 Like

It took me 3 tries to get through the first episode (tbf I was tired the first 2 times) but once I got through it and watched some more it became one of my fave shows of all time. Definitely get through 3-4 episodes before deciding. Itā€™s really really good.