The Television Streaming Thread: Now With Felonies

Looks almost exactly like Dont Breath with old in place of blind

Hulu (US)

“Bad guys trapped in a house with secret psychopaths” is my new favorite genre. It’s like an inverted Funny Games.

Emmy-nominated short drama series from 2015 that looks inside the dating lives of trans & queer women as they navigate the intersections of desire & identity. Each episode is around ten minutes.

Low budget by even my standards, but it features prominent trans and queer women, and what it lacks in production it makes up for in representation and vulnerability.

All six episodes are available free on YouTube or the official website.

Have you seen You’re Next?

I haven’t. I think it always looked too violent for me, but I loved this violent as hell movie The Owners, so bring it on.

I just finished a draft for a weekly watch party schedule. We could put You’re Next up first for Sinister Saturday.

Unless I’m deathly busy with work, I watch at least one movie a day (and usually more than that). It’s almost always been a self-absorbed activity. I’d like to use the Watch Party Megathread to build community by sharing those viewing experiences.

I might be the only person watching most of the time. That’s okay. It’s an if you build it, they will come sort of thing.

Here is what I’m thinking.

WATCH PARTY SCHEDULE
Sci-fi/Fantasy Sunday
Marvel-ous Multiverse Monday
Tarantino Tuesday (with other cult classics)
Washington Wednesday (political movie/documentary/TV episode)
Mystery/Thriller Thursday
Found Footage Friday
Sinister Saturday

So a nice cycle of sci-fi/fantasy, superhero or comic book movies, cult classics that lead with Tarantino, political stuff, murder mysteries, found-footage-style movies, and horror.

With the exception of Tarantino Tuesday, every other day will be as likely to pull out a new release as an old classic. And obv I reserve the right to put in a comedy or love story as soon as we get a sequel to Happiest Season.

2 Likes

It’s about psychos who terrorize a dinner party except one of the guests is a crazy Australian chick who grew up on a survivalist camp and she goes HAM. It’s pretty violent. I think it was filmed on a budget of $1,000.

1 Like

Sweet.

Did you see The Hunt? A somewhat similar tale where a group of rich elites hunt poor people for sport and find one of them far better prepared than they realized.

Sounds like Surviving the Game with Ice T, Gary Busey and a bunch of other character actors i recognize but don’t know their names

Are all the swords on the show made by someone affiliated with the show or do they just buy them from some catalog and decorate them with gold and fake jewels and shit?

My man Ice T has been delivering one great role after another.

In all seriousness, I’m guessing Surviving the Game was not so good (?), but can say I’ve seen The Hunt three or four times and would gladly watch it again.

Surviving the Game was defintely one of those bad but entertaining movies, Gary Busey plays his usually crazy dude role and you get some real bad action scenes.

1 Like

Sounds like we should put it on as a cult classic for Tarantino Tuesday :eyes:

Sweet, do they let any of the bigshot main actors keep their weapons or does the blacksmith guy get them all? I have a half finished bottle of the white walker whiskey, I had to buy that when I heard about it. Whats the D&D beer? Ommegang brewery in the US made a bunch of GoT themed beers, I’m pretty sure I have all of them.

Still the best filmed adaptation of Peter Pan to date. Unfortunately it was only three minutes of this otherwise perfect movie.

Holy crap, the new Martin Scorsese series focusing on Fran Leibowitz “Pretend it’s a city” is fucking FANTASTIC.

She is a genuine national treasure

2 Likes

What

(Actually I don’t think the Scrooge one is that good either, but calling Sam Richardson overrated, that’s just crazy talk)

What

I was going to post my ranking but if you make a reverse numbered list Unstuck still orders the numbers in order.

appears as

1. This
  2. That

Loved good wife, good fight is okay although they upped the corniness factor even more,

They pretty much go hard on trump all the time.

I have brooks brothers and Robert Palin as my top 2. Printer might be 3rd, that or the Cecily strong one.

1 Like

I tried a few episodes yesterday and just couldn’t get into it :pleading_face:

I guess there was something about the original cast that did it for me.