The Television Streaming Thread: Now With Felonies

MADMARTIGAN

YOU ARE GREAT

how in the fuck do i still remember that

Holy shit. Binged first two seasons of the Amazon show GOLIATH. So fucking good.

2 Likes

I appreciate the contrasting opinions.

I love legal dramas.

I also love stories about people facing addiction (even if poorly). See this but also that one season of Dexter.

Billy Thornton’s character frequently has moments of profound insight and compassion, but I also see more clearly than ever why drinking is easier than facing what drives him to drink. I see more clearly why the people who love him think he’s amazing. If only he could quit drinking (and everything he’d need to heal in order to do so).

They also feature one of the first openly transgender women playing an openly transgender character in a major production.

I could go on. It has a ton of stuff that resonates with me. But I also think it’s exceptionally well made.

Do you like Mark Duplass? He kills it in s2. Weird and great role for him.

Now you’re just trolling me lol

1 Like

16 posts were split to a new topic: The Mandalorian

I’ve been re-reading The Last Wish, and man, the Netflix Witcher series totally scrubbed some of the demented fairytale retellings that I loved from the books.

In the book, the girl Geralt fights in episode 1 was a reimagined version of the Snow White fairytale, but you’d never know it from watching the TV version.

3 Likes

I don’t think I’ve seen this come up yet itt…

Has anyone watched Don’t Fuck w Cats? It’s a 4 or 5 episode docuseries about internetters hunting a guy who was kind of ‘becoming’ a serial killer in real time.

I’m 2 episodes in, it’s so good! The person they’re hunting is an absolute maniac.

1 Like

I wont watch it. I’ve heard the killer’s story before on Sword and Scale, and his main goal was to become famous. The monster shouldn’t have any more screen time than he already has previously and now they made a fucking documentary about him. Its gross

2 Likes

The ironic thing I took away from it was the dangers of internet sleuthing. They had a bunch of guys show up, finger a random guy to be the killer and the guy killed himself. They only got further along because the killer literally told them his name, and even then the killer forgot receipts with his name on them at the crime scene so he would have been identified right away even if the whole internet sleuthing club never existed.

It was an interesting look at the early days of geo tracking and things you’d later see websites like Bellingcat do really well though

If it’s any comfort, I assumed this was a documentary about fucking with cats. Perhaps many others also said lol and didn’t even look at the description.

Man, that Kevin Hart thing was shit.

Seemed like he was just using it to advertise himself and smooth over cheating on his pregnant wife. Even more ridiculous was that he produced the damn thing.

Started watching it and lost interest, didn’t resonate at all with where I am which is too bad, I really like Mulaney.

That.

And the topic he uses to open the first episode: why he wants people to stfu about his homophobic comments. I turned it off here. Terry Crews put it well. No one is asking for him to apologize again, just to acknowledge the harm others experience and how his actions contributed to that.

Last night after NYE festivities died down I wasn’t tired so I flipped through Netflix til I landed on The Pelican Brief. I had not seen it in over 20 years and enjoyed the book so I decided to watch. I paused about halfway through to use the can. This was around 3 am EST. When I came back, it wouldn’t let me resume watching! It kept telling me “this title is not available for streaming.” Now I can’t find it listed anywhere on the app. I guess when it’s time for movies to leave Netflix it is by God time to leave Netflix.

1 Like

More Jinx news

Frontline did a documentary on the exact topic as The Report years ago called Secrets, Politics and Torture.

1 Like

I loved Unbelievable. Kaitlyn Denver is one hell of an actor. Only 23 and her resume includes:

Short Term 12
Men, Women and Children
Booksmart
Party Down
Unbelievable

Haven’t been sure about The Report, but I will put it on the list after your review :+1:

Two excellent Netflix movies. Trailers give a very good feel for what you’ll experience.

The Babysitter
Saw this one three times now. It is an excellent black comedy disguised as a horror movie. Starring Samara Weaving, who killed it Ready or Not last year.

What Happened to Monday?
Goddamn this one is good. Insane sci-fi thriller. Starring the warrior Noomi Rapace.