The Television Streaming Thread: Now With Felonies

yea i think you are pretty close here.

Also they search warranted the house though in first EP i believe, so the hammer didn’t go straight there, but i think you’re mostly right about how it went down.

The kid definitely didn’t kill her, that whiny little baby lacks the upper body strength to smash the lady’s head in.

Also can we talk about how this murder lady and her husband were poor, salt of the earth folks who, uh, kept a second apartment for the lady to do her, uh, artwork. Kept a second apartment…in Manhattan? To do the sculpting? As poor, salt of the earth folk do. Was anyone involved in the writing of this show worth less than eight figures?

1 Like

They are in harlem actually but your point still stands.

ah, ok. Still. Withing walking distance of Nicole’s house. COME ON. What would that sculpting/boning apartment be, $2500 a month?

1 Like

yea none of the Nicole walking by her apt randomly makes sense either, will be interesting to see if the kid somehow got over that way by himself as well.

In the first EP i believe when Nicole asks Elena if she wants a ride home I believe Elena says no a car ride will take 30 mins, subway is much faster. Although I guess thats from wherever that fundraiser was being held, but I don’t see how its possible that Nicole/Elena live anywhere near eachother so not sure how Nicole is out randomly walking by her place and not sure how the kid will find his way there if indeed thats how it turns out but I guess the writers said who cares?

Also yea that kid wouldn’t have the strength or the will to kill her.

1 Like

Upper west side and Harlem aren’t that far from each other, if she really likes walking. But even in today’s New York City I think it stretches credibility that a rich lady is walking around like that at night.

Well it seems we agree the show pretty much jumped the tracks. Just so many details that don’t make sense. Also, has it been answered why Donald Sutherland spends so much time in that museum?

1 Like

I believe it’s time for us to make a dedicated Undoing thread without spoiler tags.

1 Like

I have something of a different POV on the stuff you don’t like LFS. That stuff is catnip for me. I love the stuff you hate :P

I have thoughts about what is most likely going on. It’s a genre convention they are leaning hard into. It’s totally a theory though. They may yet surprise me, but so far they are telling this story according to the psychology suspense formula.

Parsing what I’m trying to say. I will start an Undoing thread later if y’all are on board. Would love to discuss more movies, shows, and books like this if y’all are game.

1 Like

start it up

1 Like

Starting S1E4 of The Sopranos. If I have to take Gob Bluth seriously, that’s gonna be a real problem for me lol.

You don’t, he’s got about 30 seconds of screen time.

Come on!

1 Like

Cannot possibly express how jealous I am.

4 Likes

Season 4 is great, it has the best episode ever and the most underrated. I’ll avoid naming them so as not to ruin the surprise but I’m sure everyone will know which episodes I mean.

“I had business in Manhattan anyway”
“ohhhh, not again!”

catface, how is the X-Files marathon going?

Would you be open to a dedicated discussion thread for X-Files? Would love for your occasional thoughts as you go through the entire series. I’ll bet a bunch of people would be reminded of their favorite episodes and then rewatch/discuss them with you.

Now THIS is what we should have a dedicated thread for. Pick a show, watch a few of the highest-rated episodes. Discuss.

Move on to another show and do the same. Preferably get a few key poasters to drive discussion. Like if we watch the top five ranked episodes of Sopranos, Riverman will have a lot to say. If we do it for Breaking Bad, CanadaMatt gonna point out how silly we are for not watching the best lowest-ranked episode.

1 Like

Going through the thread to pick out the posts for The Undoing highlighted just how much rich and extended discussion we’ve had about specific movies and TV shows.

Don’t have time to pull together another thread at this moment, but I think Queen’s Gambit also deserves its own thread if anyone wants to start it and collect the current posts ITT :crossed_fingers:

“Three years ago when Scott Frank (‘Godless’) first approached us about adapting ‘The Queen’s Gambit’ — Walter Tevis’ 1983 book about a young chess prodigy — we felt it was a compelling tale,” Netflix VP of original series Peter Friedlander wrote in a blog post. “However, I don’t think any of us could have predicted that ‘The Queen’s Gambit’ — and the extraordinary Anya Taylor-Joy — would become the global phenomena they are today, or our biggest limited scripted series ever.”

It’s going, although at an inconsistent pace. Not quite through S1 yet. Still enjoying it, the show really is fun.

I’d definitely participate in an X-Files thread, and I can post mini reviews of the episodes as I watch them as a launching point for discussion. If people are interested (or honesty even if only you are), I can make an OP today or this evening and include some impressions from standout episodes that I’ve already watched in S1.

1 Like

Due to watch Undoing Ep 5 in a couple of hours.

MUST NOT CLICK SPOILER

MUST NOT CLICK SPOILER

MUST NOT CLICK SPOILER

1 Like

Please do!!!

X-posting the current Movie Watch Party schedule :+1:

**CURRENT SCHEDULE**

NOVEMBER 27 | FRIDAY | 9pm EST
RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK

DECEMBER 4 | FRIDAY | 9pm EST
RUN
(The 2020 one with Sarah Paulson. No, really, there are eight million different movies/tv shows with this name)

DECEMBER 18 | FRIDAY | 9pm EST
DIE HARD WITH A VENGEANCE

December 23 | WEDNESDAY | 9pm EST
MIDNIGHT SKY

December 25 | FRIDAY | 9pm EST
WONDER WOMAN ’84

MARCH 5, 2021 | FRIDAY | 9pm EST
COMING TO AMERICA PART 2!!!

2 Likes