The Television Streaming Thread: Now With Felonies

Furio is my fav character so far. Almost through S2.

4 Likes

This episode Tony got food poisoning and he keeps farting and I watch with subtitles and it’s hilarious

1 Like

Last week tonight great, crushes the voter fraud stuff and there’s a surprise at the end

1 Like

The Crown Season 4 is fantastic - I’m halfway through already.

3 Likes

Ok there’s a mashup of dragnet and the police and I don’t like it, but it was also like 2002 so they did good

Most recent episode of The Undoing is LIT. Terrific cliffhanger every episode. Me and the wife are having a lot of fun trying to solve the murder week to week. I’m tempted to rewatch the episodes so far and see what might stand out.

:weary::weary::weary::persevere::weary::persevere::persevere:

1 Like

Trace and TV’s Frank from MST3K are riffing on a movie live tomorrow at 8, I expect some of you here are fans of their work. I saw them do a show a few weeks ago, thought it was pretty great.

1 Like

Unpopular opinion: MST3K is boring and almost completely unfunny. I’ve tried to watch eps a few times and I don’t get it.

1 Like

I’ve never understood the concept of “so bad it’s good”. Nope, it’s just bad.

Oh nah I enjoy “so bad they’re good” movies, and I’ve watched a bunch of Red Letter Media’s Best of the Worst series which is a little like MST3K. I just think MST3K in particular sucks.

You have to be careful with “so bad they’re good” movies though because deliberately bad movies are the most insufferable things ever. True classics of the bad movie genre involve people trying to make good movies and failing horribly (The Room, Samurai Cop, Neil Breen movies, etc). Also enjoyable are movies so camp as to be satires of their own genre (Top Gun, Commando). What is bad is like Troma movies and Sharknado 3 and that kind of shit. Awful.

3 Likes

Some of my favorite TV experiences were watching a few seasons of Walking Dead while following the acerbic comments on the 2+2 TV thread. The logical inconsistencies and ninja zombies and terrible character decision making were pretty funny if you were following along in the thread.

2 Likes

It’s probably better called ‘Bad’ But Enjoyable. And if you don’t actually enjoy them, well, that’s fine, it’s not like ‘enjoyable’ is some objective category.

Yep, just not my thing. There are too many great movies that I haven’t seen to spend time on bad ones.

The good thing about RLM is you don’t actually have to watch the whole movie. They do it for you and just show the dumbest parts.

2 Likes

I just finished first ep of The Undoing, hot damn that really picks up pace as it goes along, I’m in for more for sure, sad I gotta go to sleep now

just realized i posted in the movie thread, so posting here now.

3 Likes

Commando is unironically one of my favorite movies and holds up incredibly well. I showed it to my nephews aged 8, 11, 14, all were cracking up nonstop at how over the top it is and Arnold’s incredible one-liners.

Fans of fun bad movies should check out the podcast How Did This Get Made?.

2 Likes

Except for the Room, right?

I prefer We Hate Movies, but both are really good for killing a lot of time.

2 Likes