The Television Streaming Thread: Now With Felonies

Safety Not Guaranteed

I thought it was ok. I wasn’t a fan of the ending. I am a fan of Aubrey Plaza playing Aubrey Plaza. Mark Duplass was great as always. I don’t think we really needed as much as we got from the writer and the other intern. 5 or 6/10

3 Likes

This is about right.

I’d watch Aubrey Plaza reading the phone book.

1 Like

Same

2 Likes

Watching Kill Bill volume II and boy do I wish this old gem was available to stream anywhere. Can you believe this ran for four seasons?

1 Like

Binged all 3 episodes of The Undoing with the wife today. Really intriguing show for anyone needing something.

2 Likes

Literally watched legion because of her

I’m in the mood for some mind rending horror, but I don’t think I have the stomach to watch The Social Dilemma

2 Likes

Also just watched this. I thought it would be barely tolerable, but it’s fantastic. Watch Nicole Kidman remind us she is an amazing actress. Hugh Grant doing some excellent work too.

1 Like

Interesting insight on House of Cards from Fincher:

With House of Cards, on the other hand, Netflix’s deep wells of data always suggested the series would be devoured by subscribers, though the show was hardly held in universal high regard at first. “People were saying, ‘Washington doesn’t work like this! It’s all been shockingly dumbed down!’,” he remembers. Before production began, he and the series’ creator Beau Willimon “spent a summer in DC just going to restaurants, eavesdropping on conversations, and stealing from them. People were saying, ‘This has been reduced to the most flagrant and stupid and obvious…’ and I was like, ‘That was verbatim.’ ”

Didn’t realize his upcoming Netflix film owed so much to his father.

Mank is a Netflix production, filmed just before the pandemic struck, but edited, polished and due to be released under lockdown conditions. Set in the Golden Age of Hollywood and shot in silvery monochrome, it follows the political chicanery and personal vendettas that led to the writing of Citizen Kane

1 Like

Finally persuaded my wife that The New Pope needed watching. Only two episodes in but it’s even better than I remembered The Young Pope being, just excellent TV and Malkovich’s British accent might be the best intentionally (I think?) terrible accent ever.

I also just watched the first 3 eps of The Undoing. Kidman is good but my lord leave some Botox for the rest of the world. A fun watch for sure.

2 Likes

Lol but her forehead actually emotes now. I think they are working out the kinks.

My bigger complaint is Kidman’s heavily auto-tuned voice singing the theme credits. She’s not a GREAT singer but she’s more than competent. The auto-tune makes her sound like a Stepford wife.

Disagree on this one! I’m finding Baron Cohen and Jeremy Strong super annoying.

1 Like

Was going to wait & watch this next… Can you fill in what the Chicago 7 is about in general, surely I’ve heard of it, but maybe not.

It’s about the riots in 1968 at the DNC in Chicago, and the trial of Abbie Hoffman, Jerry Rubin, Tom Hayden, etc, who were accused of inciting it.

1 Like

Jerry Rubin was described in the 90’s as someone who turned from being a Yippie to a yappie yuppie.

Cool thanks… I’ll watch this at some point as I’ve a lot to catch up on

Thanks.

1. The Queens Gambit
  2. Zerozerozero
  3. The Boys

Is on my list 1st though :grin:

Hmm. So not a fan of Trial 7. Perhaps you would enjoy Trial 4? :P

I can barely watch Kidman due to the botox. Watching her trying to talk is almost painful for me. Plus I find it sad that actresses feel as though they need to distort their looks this heavily. It’s reassuring to see wrinkles on people on tv. Don’t take that away from us.

3 Likes