The Television Streaming Thread: Now With Felonies

Who knew Latin sounded like hocky Italian

I stuck it out.

3/10

Vikings, that Netflix Vikings/ England show I can’t remember the name of, and all the HBO historical dramas are better.

Annoying part of the first episode. They make a big deal about how the Romans and the Germans can’t speak each others’ languages, have interpreters, etc and then the plot in the first episode involves some of the German tribesmen smooth talking their way into the Roman camp to steal an eagle.

Anyways after the bad first episode it settles into a rhythm that’s not terrible, but not really amazing.

The barbarian woman does go topless at least two times.

1 Like

Yeah that’s it

Blood of Zeus

Netflix anime.

8 episodes, 30 minutes each. Just had it going while reading twitter. Not bad. How the Olympians and Titans are drawn looks good. Other than that nothing too special. I’d watch another series from the same creators.

I really enjoyed The Last Kingdom. Also was into Vikings but stopped watching it when my bf lost interest. Need to work out where I’m up to lol.

1 Like

its by the Castlevania people, similar art/violence style

agreed with your review

I’m in for the rest of the undoing as there’s only 4 out of 6 left but man is it so obvious and easy to see what’s coming. I mean its a book adaptation but yeah. And what’s with the constant extra super close up shots? Especially of the 53 year old star who’s clearly had a ton of work done. ugh.

Chapelle hosting SNL tomorrow night. Watch party?

Gave up on Blood of Zeus after two eps, just wasn’t feeling it. I still have to watch season 2 of Castlevania, looking forward to that.

Ended up watching all of Mythic Quest: Raven’s Banquet. Not my favorite show of the year but it was fun enough.

Tried Bless the Harts since it showed up on Hulu. Pilot was OK with a few elements that were good and suggested a better/weirder show than we saw. So we skipped to the S2 premiere and unfortunately the good elements were removed and sidelined and the bad elements were much more prevalent.

Did Wild Wild Country never get discussed here? I just finished it this morning. I might read Breaking the Spell, which is Jane Stork’s book, she is that Australian woman whom they interview a bunch through the show. I’m interested in reading it because Bhagwan himself is still a bit of an enigma to me. I got BAD VIBES from Ma Anand Sheela from minute one though and feel like that was borne out. Real exemplar of Machiavellianism there, Dark Triad shit.

4 Likes

I really liked this.

1 Like

Yeah it was cool to have so much archival footage. I’d never heard of the story before watching it.

1 Like

Watching two seasons of Cobra Kai followed by two seasons of The Boys followed by Dicktown for dessert is the best run of TV-watching I can remember being on. Should probably stop now while I’m ahead.

4 Likes

Nicely done. Hope you liked it.

You’re the Worst next for maximum awesomeness

Watching S2 of Mandolorian and the last season of The Twilight Zone right now and it’s like the hits keep coming.

1 Like

This was a great series. Timely too. Reminds us that smart normal people can be sucked into a cult of personality so easily.

1 Like

I’m guessing you know this, but Dicktown is basically a recurring animated short that appears in the show Cake on FXX. Each season of Cake had one short that appeared in every episode, and Hulu lists them as separate shows to make it look like they’ve got more content. Dicktown was in the latest season I think.

Point is, if you haven’t watched Cake, you should try it.

2 Likes

Just wrapping up a rewatch of Breaking Bad.

Just watched Ozymandias which is easily top three television episodes of all time.

3 Likes

I also just finished my rewatch of BrBa. Season 5 has to be the best final season in TV history. Train heist, Ozymandias, penny store Matt Damon (Todd), etc. I think Full Measures will always be my favorite episode.

1 Like

For sure the entire season is just unreal good.