The Television Streaming Thread: Now With Felonies

And some very effective camera work

@CanadaMatt3004 and other fans of The Boys, would like your thoughts on what I think will happen with Black Noir next season based on changes they’ve made to the character so far from the comics.

Summary

In the comics, Black Noir is a Homelander clone. He was created as a failsafe to replace Homelander if he ever turned evil.

There’s a hell of a lot more to it in the comics that’s completely off the table from certain changes, but one that only seemed to be off the table is whether Noir could still be a Homelander clone if he

1. has a nut allergy
  2. is Black

But #1 is fine because he could be an imperfect clone.

And I could see this show making Homelander’s clone a person of color so that Homelander could say some super racist shit like, “Oh, so it’s like I’m half Black! Well, my clone. But that’s great! Now I can’t be racist!”

I just hope the Aquaman guy continues to be totally irrelevant to the plot, that was a great running gag.

2 Likes

I do have vpn.

Forrest meets the president again :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

First 2 thirds of the undoing almost lost me but the end was pretty solid. I think I’m in as its a limited series and HBO and yeah the cast. I’m a little fearful that its going to be one of those camera is an unreliable narrator “trick shows” that almost never respect their audience. Maybe will decide after next week. How is Kidman 53?

I really wish they’d do a tv show about Marius and Sulla, would be great. Do the Jurgithine war in the first season. Enough stuff for like six seasons after that.

2 Likes

I didn’t read the comics, but is there an element of Black Noir being emotionally sensitive? Maybe I imagined that in the show. Two instances I remember were when he was sobbing in the hallway of their headquarters, and when he was saddened when The Deep’s whale friend was killed.

Interesting point! Maybe wishful thinking, but I had been watching him as a neurodivergent character. At least until these theories for season three. I interpreted him being neurodivergent as partly why Homelander treats Black Noir differently. There’s that one scene when Homelander is tearing everyone in the Seven a new asshole, but not Black Noir. He says BN is the one person who’s doing a great job. And I thought that was in part because Homelander knows what it’s like to feel impossibly different from everyone around you.

Wait, you’re one of those “ACTUALLY a strong female character is totally unrealistic” douchebags? LMAO, go the fuck back to your 4Chan incel culture or whatever and stop trolling up our forum.

Attia in Rome was a strong female character but she couldn’t kick Titus Pullo’s ass. A hot babe winning a hand to hand fight against a Roman legionary is pretty dumb.

2 Likes

You’re entitled to your tastes but I will just point out that toxicly masculine caricatures have been shoehorned into 99% of pop culture for approximately forever. A few fictional women that can throw punches aren’t the end of good art.

Sure but there are endless amounts of unrealistic man v man fistfight in TV shows and movies and people mostly just shrug their shoulders and accept it as being in service to the drama and/or plot.

Thanks, congrats accepted.

Anyway, does the smoking hot ass kicking Barbarians babe at least take her shirt off?

She doesn’t own a shirt, ldo.

wtf it’s in German? I’m sorry I thought this was America. Isn’t this America? I thought this was America.

Victaor calling out “wokelords” and decrying call out culture and internet scoreboards.

Is it bizzaro Sunday?

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with pointing out that when it comes to ‘strong’ fighting female leads it’s almost always a woman who actually isn’t that physically imposing. I don’t mind cheating around the edges a bit, and of course you don’t need to be realistic to make good art, but there’s a whole women’s body type that gets ignored because it’s not the conventional movie star body type even though that’s what the part is calling for.

Totally fair and acknowledged. An important point of context here is that @Vict0ar is a toxic douchebag who regularly stinks up threads with abrasive, low content posts. I’m making a leap of faith here that his dislike of strong female characters is not a total coincidence. I concede that it’s not really fair, but I don’t care.