The Television Streaming Thread: Now With Felonies

Very cool. This summer my sister and nephew made a trip there, ran into Dave, and ended up getting invited to attend his comedy show later that night.

2 Likes

What’s sequential art?

Sounds like a fancy name for comic books, graphic novels, etc.

Watched the first episode of The Undoing. Jesus christ, do we really need another fucking miniseries about a bunch of rich doofuses embroiled in a murder? I hate literally every character, which, kudos HBO, basically guarantees that I’ll hate-watch every single episode.

Prediction:

Hugh Grant was banging the dark-haired poor who was murdered. Nicole Kidman found out and some stuff happened and then Hugh murdered the poor. Nicole Kidman saw him do it or the aftermath and now he’s lamming it and she has traumatic amnesia. Hopefully they all go to prison.

edit: Possible Nicole murdered the victim herself, we will see

1 Like

Hulu’s content is good but otherwise pisses me off. The app on both Roku and the Amazon Stick suck ass, often repeat episodes, or resumes playing 10 minutes prior to where I left off. And the thing where the commercials are twice as loud as the programming is such amateur hour.

3 Likes

I was intrigued a bit but on the other hand I hit my quota of dramas about rich doofuses a while back.

A lot of times I’ll try to watch an episode I’ve previously seen and the episode will resume with about a minute and a half left. Also, the captions have been very inconsistent lately (as in, “often not existing at all”).

Finished Ted Lasso over the weekend. Very good show.

2 Likes

Fargo at the season midpoint is starting to grab me. Hawley has a story he wants to tell and he’s taking his time to do so on his own terms. All of the (many) characters are being given the opportunity to fully develop. All of the (many) plot lines are being given the time to fully unfold.

If they can pull it all together for the second half this could be a slow burn season that really delivers.

They’re also nailing the mid century midwest setting in a way I really appreciate. Great production and locations. Dat Prairie School architecture… *swoon*.

I didn’t realize they’d finished filming!!!

Watch party plz

2 Likes

absolute watch party

2 Likes

Omg this one too

https://twitter.com/JonahHill/status/1320807628969160705?s=20

The guy who raps with Mos Def?

I rap alone.

2 Likes

finishing Killing Them Softly this morning, decent i guess, Brad pitt is usual kinda sleazy brad pitt playing a hitman, didn’t realize James Gandolfini is in it but he’s pretty solid as well. Also Ray Liotta, story is pretty generic knock over a mobrun card game and things happen.

Also I finished season 1 of deadwood last night, is that where “Please proceed governor” comes from? if so lol, i see people making that reference alot and never knew or cared to find out where it came from.

1 Like

It’s from the 2012 presidential debates.

1 Like

ah fuck i remember people saying it was the romney thing now, i dunno why i thought the deadwood was it, it has a scene in the S1 finale though where Al says please proceed and its a magistrate lol and then bad things happen.

1 Like

Obama probably stole it from Deadwood, if I was in a presidential debate I would lift memorable phrases wholesale from my favorite shows. It’s possible that I watch more TV than Obama though.

2 Likes

I saw this when it was released but watched it again last week, I like it and I also appreciate Brad Pitts hair because I’m rocking the exact same look right now

2 Likes

watching Yes, God, Yes on netflix now. Its mega cringe so far in a good way.

edit: also lots of nostalgic things if you’re my age/grew up in the 90s

1 Like

I liked Yes, God, Yes alot, would recommend if the description seems like your jam.

edit: its only 72 mins too so quick watch

1 Like