The Supreme Court: RIP Literally Everything

I think I meant if he’s acting in his official capacity. I suppose it’s possible to commit a crime even if you are. Like war crimes would be one example and why almost every president could technically be legit prosecuted

In theory, suppose a president really did believe there was massive vote fraud and a conspiracy to conceal it. What could/should he do?

Murder the VP and all of congress obviously.

1 Like

I’m not sure if this will work or not, here goes:

1 Like

If that were really the case then it’s likely that he or she could find a court to agree. Unlike in 2020 where they lost something like 60 of the 61 cases they brought

1 Like

They’re just hearing the arguments tomorrow, not ruling. They likely won’t rule until the end of the term which is end of June/start of July. I have heard a theory that they might try to stall it even further by making some narrow ruling and sending it back to the lower courts for further proceedings; we’ll see though.

2 Likes

Find evidence that 1) Other people can see, and 2) holds up in court.

When I first learned it I had to quadruple check it because I was like “No fucking way…”

1 Like

I kinda wonder what would happen if scotus just says fuck it no abortions for anyone in this country under any circumstances.

Nothing will happen. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

So people in Cali will continue to do and get abortions?

If they pass the law. Do you think the masses will rise up rise up and overthrow the government?
No. They will complain but it won’t matter.

I agree with all that.

I was confused by your statement, because if SC did that, something would most definitely have happened. Abortion clinics closing <> nothing will happen.

“John Roberts has made his ruling, now let him enforce it.”

In that situation a lot of bad things will happen. There just won’t be mass protest to reverse it. There is no recourse.

Trump immunity case is live right now. Some of the justices (KBJ right now) sound legitimately angry at Trump’s lawyer and the arguments he’s making.

Just started listening. Thomas doesn’t sound like one of the angry ones.

Yeah, basically the liberal judges and Coney Barrett. WOMEN get hysterical amirite?

1 Like

My question is, what will it take to expand the supreme court? How blatantly corrupt and uncompromising fascist do they gotta be before Biden and both chambers (if Dems sweep) do anything?

Government’s attorney sounds like a dork tbh.

Michael Dreeben? More like Michael Dweeben.