The Supreme Court: RIP Literally Everything

I’m not convinced the final decision on this will be 5-4.

The final decision wouldn’t be 5-4, which makes this one even worse. You’ve got 4 justices who will absolutely slow roll a decision they don’t like and fast track the ones they do like, regardless of the merits.

FWIW the buoys and the razor wire (aka “concertina wire”) were both installed by Abbot last summer. See pictures in this article from July.

The buoys were ordered removed on Dec. 1. I’m not sure if that has actually happened yet, but the cutting of the razor wire is, I think, a separate issue.

I’m not up on crime statistics but that’s a lot of rape.

If the general consensus of 1 in 4 women are sexually assaulted in their lifetime, then youre looking at roughly 40 million women who have been assaulted.

Even if a small percentage of those are rapes, and a small percentage of those result in pregnancies, that number doesnt seem outlandish

1 Like

No lol law poasts?

https://twitter.com/stevenmazie/status/1751238228277854415?t=NL7ngMVUnXU98axMLZ9kmQ&s=19

Rapist takes day off from raping is not really something that requires a ticker tape parade.

1 Like

Well, there is one post. Let’s up the count folks.

Not exactly asking for a parade here.

I’m in a plane about to take off. So I’m going to need someone to live blog the SC argument on Trump’s eligibility so I can read it when I land.

I’m listening to it but it’s best to wait until the Supreme Court reporters summarize it. It doesn’t sound like the Justices are going for it. It sounds like it hinges on that states won’t have the power to disqualify federal candidates

9-0 ruling or do we think Sotomayor is going to get wild?

Not too much to live update here although the continued repeating of “the president, well the former president, in your view” feels really weird

“Suppose the president says “bless you” to an foreign enemy when they sneeze. Could a state interpret that as an insurrection?”

Great question, Alito.

Looking pretty confidently to be 8 or 9

I would change my vote based on information we have now but that doesn’t seem fair. I closed the poll.

2 Likes

“Shouldnt we let the people decide whether they want to elect an insurrectionist? What could possibly go wrong?”

Drunky with the gotcha right there.