The Supreme Court: RIP Literally Everything

Elon says this means he must minimize the probability of dropping a rocket on a shark.

Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson recused herself from the case involving the New Jersey fishermen, known as Loper Bright Enterprises v. Raimondo*,* since she was on the three-judge panel on the D.C. Circuit that heard arguments. She participated in oral arguments Wednesday in the Rhode Island case, known as Relentless v. Department of Commerce. Jackson raised concerns that ending Chevron deference would give the courts too much power and lead judges to engage in policy-making.

That will reverse the global warming for sure.

1 Like
5 Likes

5-4 :leolol:

4 Likes

Redeploy that shit at the Governor’s Mansion so he can feel safe.

Went looking for Jay Willis’ and Law Boy’s thoughts on the opinion. Nothing yet :(

Does the federal government have jurisdiction over immigration was 5-4. Just lol.

I can’t imagine being a lawyer in the states knowing my entire profession has been shown to be a fraud.

1 Like

I am stunned that a Trump voting strong borders Justice stopped Texas from protecting its border.

This decision being 5-4 is like SCOTUS being 5-4 as to whether a president can be foreign born.

Was the razor wire at least marked or was it hidden so it could maim and potentially kill?

It was very deliberately concealed.

Nytimes pitchbot:

Why Joe Biden Himself Personally Removing Barbed Wire May Have Violated This Farmer’s Free Speech

3 Likes

“Whatever one thinks of current immigration policy, it ought not to be that controversial that states cannot prevent the federal government from enforcing federal law – lest we set the stage for Democratic-led states to similarly attempt to frustrate the enforcement of federal policies by Republican presidents,” Vladeck said. “That four justices would still have left the lower-court injunction in place will be taken, rightly or wrongly, as a sign that some of those longstanding principles of constitutional federalism might be in a degree of flux.”

:leolol: law, it’s not about federalism, it’s about Calvinball. It’s been almost a decade of this shit, and the lawbros still don’t get it

1 Like

Which is why I can’t for the life of me understand why Trump lost when five of his voters were deciding the case.

Did they forget it’s all Calvinball??

They didn’t really decide the case. They just decided what to do while waiting for the case to work its way through the courts.

Found a pic, there just no way anyone is going to see these and expect to find that there are blades in the buoys.

Not deciding is a decision.

They could have easily said “Texas can do this, you don’t like it fuck you” but they didn’t. VeryCurious.

They could have just wanted the razor wire up as long as possible before they had to rule against it.

The point is four of the justices are not even willing to rule for the absolute most basic and fundamental ideas in the constitution about separation of powers.