The Supreme Court: RIP Literally Everything

Oh, right, I’m sure ol’ Chucky is right on board with that.

6 Likes

why is election day a meaningful date for this? obviously the meaningful date is Inauguration day, no?

9 Likes

How ya gonna win the whitehouse when trump has a 6-3 majority???

3 Likes

I disagree

Well, fuck.

1 Like

Politics.

If they try before the election, senators who are at risk might hesitate. If they wait until the lame duck session, they still have the majority, and can ram someone through no matter who wins the election.

2 Likes

Guys whipping the votes is pointless. They will ram someone through its just a matter of when. It’s now a matter of using this to convince Democrats to pack the court if we sweep. If we lose, nothing matters, we will never have another real election in our lifetimes.

5 Likes

If Mitch rushes someone in then Biden need to pack the court. 15 justices. 9-6. With the new 6 all under 50

Then Biden can send Mitch a note and ask him, how he likes them Apples.

6 Likes

I’ll believe it when the motherfucking vote is on the board

i mean her statement is meaningless then (and not because she’s lying, she just saying she’ll do it after the elections)

You guys seem unaware that a supreme court with Gorsuch as the swing vote is never, ever letting Joe Biden take office.

13 Likes

So completely fucking obviously this.

We are still really large dogs to win the senate

1 Like

https://twitter.com/InternetHippo/status/1307103669054304257

23 Likes

Thanks for not retiring Ruth

9 Likes

I’ll be surprised it they jam someone through before the election. Murkowski’s quote is pretty telling. They’re just going to do it during the lame duck imo.

4 Likes

The correct number is the maximum that is actually logistically possible, and I don’t know what that is, but I think it’s higher than 15. It might be in the hundreds.

3 Likes

Literal worst fucking grunch of all time.

Man, we are so fucked even if this happens. Like, Trump and Co. get to venue shop for where they go to dispute votes under a chain of Trump-appointed ghouls to contest the election, and then a 4-4 SCOTUS with Roberts joining the liberals means that the lower decision stands.

2 Likes

50 years from now when the history of the American dictatorship is written about September 18, 2020 will be a very key date.

1 Like