The Supreme Court: RIP Literally Everything

here we go

Alright, him touting his changes make me think nothing is gonna happen here.

Probably best to stop whispering here

Higher education act invoking for “certain circumstances”

Missed payments for 12 months will not lead to default or credit harm

Lol who asked that question?

Isn’t the Sec of Education capable of dismissing loans completely? Joe turns it over to the Ed Sec and makes it this convoluted “onramp” or whatever this is? If you’re going to use “every tool available” why not fucking use them. “We’re working on it”

Every tool available=every tool that you don’t think this particular Supreme Court will find a way to invalidate

2 Likes

Ehhhhhhhhhhh, so essentially we don’t have any fucking clue yet what the ed sec is going to do

Have Cardona cancel it all, make them invalidate this

https://twitter.com/ninaturner/status/1674849679236792355

IANAL, but wasn’t the “swipe of the pen” executive order action by Biden what they ruled against today?

How about she write some legislation instead?

3 Likes

yeah but if he was doing this, why een present the convoluted “12 months free, no payments!” bullshit?

Wapo youtube has a white house press conference. Hopefully some clarity

He’s not doing that, it’s me wanting him to. I mean he’s got Cardona right there, on board, flex some power muscles or something.

On the plus side Joe can simply recycle some messaging for his 2024 campaign. You can always run on fixing an issue if you never fix that issue :thinkingguy:

Bulllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllshit.

This fucking country.

1 Like

The architecture firm I used to work for had a record year. Still took a $500k PPP loan that they mostly disbursed to the owners.

1 Like

Yep. My regional accounting firm got 1.8 million. We did not lose any revenue. Fully forgiven and given to the rich old “mean guy” partners

2 Likes

Medical software company here. As far as I know a ton of our smaller clients closed their offices at start of pandemic and didn’t pay for a few months, then had to all get current when they came back, so no real lost revenue. Somewhere in the period in between, we got $1.5M in PPP.

Law firms with profits per partner in the millions basically all took PPP loans and straight up pocketed the money

1 Like