The Supreme Court: RIP Literally Everything

He’s still president until January 20th and Mitch McConnell is Senate Majority Leader until January 3rd regardless of the results of the election.

Yes, they will ram through a 43 year old nutcase if one of the justices dies on Christmas.

So I did some googling and it seems lame duck presidents can nominate judges. I’m a bit confused.

Yup.

Your confusion probably arises from Mitch arguing that Obama (lame duck at the time) could not nominate a justice in an election year.

Chance of RBG making to January seems really slim. Yikes.

The argument then and the argument now will be exactly the same:

“LOL fuck you”

I’m using my one time. Don’t think I’ve used it. One time RGB survives until Biden is sworn in.

If it looks like shes going to die every fucking lib should purchase AR15s I don’t give a fuck how you feel about guns.

7 Likes

I’m gonna get hella flamed for this but we should probably be doing this anyway. Where’s Cactus? I’m ready for a leisurely run.

1 Like

They are seriously easy to use. If you’re a novice and you have the choice between an AR and a handgun, get the AR. I would never advise buying a weapon and not getting trained thoroughly on how to use it, but if there’s anything you buy and can use immediately, it’s an AR-15.

I’m considering it

3 Likes

They can’t ram it through if you can figure out a way to keep the Senate from being in session.

Over under shotgun might be slightly easier to operate but I agree with you vis a vis the absurd handgun.

true, some of the new tactical shotguns are idiot-proof. I’m definitely considering one of those, too.

I personally would be fine with either (though I haven’t shot a shotgun since I was like, 12 years old), but I’m definitely more comfortable with M-16 variants because I qualified on that in the military (and shot expert).

1 Like

Like what?

You’re in SD right? I’m in Yucaipa so not crazy far. Maybe you can give me some training if it ever comes to this?

2 Likes

:roll_eyes:

:thinking:

:man_facepalming:

if society breaks down, yeah. Until then, check out local ranges. A lot of them have classes and even provide the weapons for you to shoot. That way it’s all legal (until legality becomes moot).

1 Like

Ah ok. I was mostly hoping it would be with someone I know is taking that virus very seriously but if it would be illegal I’ll do what I have to do. I do have an N95

I have no idea. Republicans have violated all sorts of norms in their drive for power. Democrats need to be willing to think outside of the box and consider some norm violations of their own. If that means barricading the doors and physically resisting the sergeant at arms, then so be it.

1 Like

Too bad you don’t have an M95.

3 Likes