The Supreme Court: RIP Literally Everything

Democrats win when they offer a meaningful vision to the public. It’s the economy stupid. Hope and change. Medicare for all. When they run insincere, uninspiring candidates like Hilary and McAuliffe they get rekt.

This is all distinct from what policies actually get passed. “Hope and change” turned out to be mostly bullshit. With the exception of Trump running hot and getting to snap off 3 SC judges, I don’t really think any Presidential term is viewed as particularly successful by either party’s base since Reagan.

Every fucking day from May 1 on next year there should be ads with school shooting victims and the highlighting no votes on gun reform from republicans. Every fucking day.

Liars lie. News at 11.

Establishment Democrats think people want no-drama competent bureaucrats who won’t disrupt social order.

The current Republican base probably thinks Trump’s term was better than Reagan.

This is what rich Democrats want.

I’m pro-drama. More people should be like me.

Not a chance.

Thanks Obama

That basically sums up the supposed pro choice movement in the US. It’s mostly privileged women for whom it’s actually about 96th on their list of priorities.

1 Like

Yeah abortion doesn’t really become an issue that hits home unless you’re poor. For plenty of people, if you can’t afford one in TX, then you can just take a road trip or flight. It’s a pain in the ass, but it’s still something you can get when you want.

Now if you took away abortion everywhere in the US somehow, that would move it up to the top of the list pretty quick.

Alan Grayson tried some version of this and was kicked out of the party.

I rember his speech on the house floor, he said the republican health care plan was to die quickly. He was awesome and exactly what the dems needed, they called him a bomb thrower and got rid of him.

1 Like

This movie is still watchable as hell fyi for those who need an old 80s movie to see this weekend

Yep. He was my Congress critter for like an hour and a half

Wasn’t there some abuse allegations?

Sure they do. Their policy is “everything is basically fine the way it is, we should have technocrats produce white papers to decide which way to turn policy dials 1% up or 1% down”. Not all policy has to be a “reform”.

i just finally finished reading old vanity fair piece about the usda, and i want more technocrats.

2 Likes

Admittedly I’m not paying much attention anymore but has Biden said one fucking word about the fact that the supposedly number one liberal issue is going to end in a few months?

He’s a complete puppet dolt that has no idea what he’s doing, he’s being walked by handlers every day and is out of his mind. And last year you gave him cover by crying that we were too mean about his clear decline. Don’t be all wide eyed now, lmao.

Fox was the only source I could find with actual quotes from Biden.

Experts are generally good and its good to give them power. But they are prone to making ivory tower mistakes when they are not well engaged with reality. This is definitely a problem with establishment Dems now. The smartest people around can’t craft solutions to problems when they don’t confront the reality of the problem.