The Supreme Court: RIP Literally Everything

Odds of it being leaked have to be close to 100% if it gets into the hands of Dem congresscritters.

1 Like

Eh. His dad may have left him more than that once or twice.

Nah Brett ā€œ$can my CashApp and pay off my CC Debtā€ Kavanaugh never rules against Trump in this spot. Gorsuch might though.

1 Like

Mazars might be an application of it, but Iā€™m pretty sure the specific case is Mnuchin refusing to allow the IRS to turn over the tax returns. Iā€™m also pretty sure Congress is invoking IRS shall turn over any individualā€™s requested tax return, not whether a third party accounting firm has to do this. I canā€™t remember the specifics enough of the Mazars case to be confident about it, but Iā€™m almost certain the 9-0 contract law version is the one thatā€™s nowhere near the SC.

I also donā€™t have enough time to look into this again right now, so if you want to see if you can find any mention of the ā€˜shallā€™ thing for Mazars Iā€™m easily open to being corrected.

yea you could right there, we will see tomorrow lol

Chevy Chase Gerald Ford impersonation was one of the greatest things ever.

1 Like

You never been to hobby lobby then. Super Pervy dude screaming at the clouds all the time.

His current Russian portfolio might be getting him close finally.

Fake it till you make it! -Trump2020

They will come out and reveal him to be an incredibly generous and wise (and humble!) person and they will cause him to win in a landslide.

2 Likes

Yeah, Iā€™m expecting Roberts to twist himself into a pretzel to find a way to push this until after the election, at which point itā€™s not going to matter either way. Something something shall means shall and all, but on this super fine technical legal point we need to hear more, so XYZ arguments have to be submitted by the end of the year and weā€™ll consider them in our first session of 2021. IANAL so I canā€™t fill in all of the blanks.

1 Like

I donā€™t think they punt for institutional reasons, but this would probably be Robertsā€™ preferred play.

Donā€™t forget that the last time the returns of Trumpian president were scrutinized, it turned out he was a massive tax cheat. (Nixon) Of course, Trump is 10x worse.

I think Trump loses the NY case 9-0 and the Congress case 7-2.

1 Like

Iā€™m genuinely surprised that they havenā€™t leaked yet. At least his NY state taxes. Thereā€™s gotta be a disgruntled state employee that could do it. IRS employees are too much of ruler followers to do it for his federal taxes.

There are definitely people working for the IRS who would love nothing more than to put his taxes out there but the IRS has systems in place to prevent you from just looking up any randoā€™s taxes and Iā€™m sure Trumpā€™s have extra layers of bullshit to go through if you want to look at them.

What if the IRS had concrete proof someone was running a child sex-trafficking ring, would they report it to the authorities?

1 Like

I hope you are 2-0.

You mean 2-6000?

Riverman, please just create a Donald Trump or Republican rut roh thread, maybe the next iteration of the Presidency thread

2 Likes

Isnā€™t there some kind of rule against you making predictions about important stuff like this? Or is it safe as long as thereā€™s no money involved?

1 Like

Sigh. My PT today is at 10:00

If Trump loses both cases what happens next? Will the ā€œfuck you, noā€ cheat code not work this time?