The Supreme Court: RIP Literally Everything

He did not say ballots cast or received by election day should not be counted.

I am very realistic about Brett fucking Kavanaugh. If he and the court go there, its a coup, period. Obviously possible, but lets be honest about what we are discussing.

1 Like

To be fair, the decision was about ballots arriving post-election day.

So how long before the PA case is reheard with ACB?

Once they strike down the ACA, will it go into effect 1/1/21 or will I get one more year of healthcare before I have to hope and pray nothing bad happens to me, less I die?

What’s the over under on a woman’s right to choose? June 2021?

1 Like

Unless they retire in November.

2 Likes

they do not waste time

2 Likes

Silly goose, if you get in a car accident you’ll still be able to go to the hospital and get treated. You’ll just be bankrupted. See, breathe a sigh of relief my friend.

1 Like

Can’t be. I’ve been assured by numerous moderate Republicans and my VERY REASONABLE college buddy who’s a VERY SMART AND MEASURED LIBERAL that they would never go after Roe.

You must be mistaken.

1 Like

Yeah and if I can’t get treatment for anything else that’s fine, it must not be life threatening.

On the bright side I’ll always have remedies available to me.

Who decides what gets heard and when - is it all on Roberts?

The decision likely will not come until June at the end of the term. I they strike it down i guess everyone at that point just loses there current insurance.

But what is to stop congress from just passing another healthcare bill? Assuming we get a blue sweep. This time add the public option and send a very clear signal to the court that if they overturn this one the court is getting packed.

Shumer has been very clear is recent days. If he gets control of the Senate he is removing all minority power. The Senate majority will have no roll in policy other then feigning outrage on the senate floor. I don’t think that means they will pack the court but they can pass a lot of very specific ironclad laws that the court will have a hard time overturning.

It probably will be a different President and Congress in 10 years.

I think the ACA market plans would be locked in til the end of the year.

1 Like

Any 4 justices can opt to hear a case, does not require a majority.

What’s the optimal number of judges for the Dems to nominate? 4 or 14?

Start at 4 and add one every time Mitch opens his fucking mouth.

19 Likes

Fyp

1 Like

The guy is a straight up fucking moron.

https://twitter.com/marshallcohen/status/1320933212005294081?s=21

Hey now we can’t be sure of that. He could just be drunk.

giphy (4)

1 Like

Fucking affirmative action for conservatives, responsible for so many incompetent imbeciles in high positions blissfully unaware of their own incompetence.

Yeah this is not going to happen. The reality is that Kavanaugh’s opinion, awful as it is, is unlikely to be relevant. The Dem advantage in mail-in ballots is diminishing as election day approaches. It’s probably going to be a few-points advantage in the really late ones, a few points on a relatively small number of very late arriving votes. The election would have to be knife-edge close like 2000 before this will matter. I don’t think “in a very close election the Court will put a thumb on the scale for Trump” is breaking news for any of us. It still seems like the answer to “what can they do if it’s a clear loss” is “nothing”.

2 Likes