The Supreme Court: RIP Literally Everything

I look forward to the day when Gorsuch is the liberal voice of reason on the court.

3 Likes

A+ Thread title.

7 Likes

Remember when it was a scandal Kennedy was catholic.

There is absolutely zero chance Florida Man is nominating her without having asked her about her views on mailed ballots and invalidating them. At the hearing someone needs to ask her about that. Iā€™m assuming sheā€™ll deny it, which could potentially matter someday in the future when it is confirmed he did in fact ask. I mean it probably wonā€™t matter regardless, but you never know.

2 Likes

Yeah. Should there be any hearings on her, thatā€™s one of the most important things to ask about. Get her to perjure herself about being asked to pledge loyalty to His Trumpness.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/willchamberlain/status/1309883947699109889?s=19

I disagree with Trumpā€™s judicial nominee on almost everything. But I still think sheā€™s brilliant.

I fucking hate these people so much.

15 Likes

It wouldnā€™t matter. Trump would be president with a 6-3 SC. Who would hold her accountable?

There is absolutely zero chance Trump understood a semi-evasive answer she could have given him.
Unfortunately, even though Trump may have scraped the bottom of the barrel pretty thin concerning his staff, out of the stupid and evil people he has left the vetting will most likely have been done by the evil ones. So she would not have snuck through.

17 Likes

I mean, thereā€™s no stopping a determined and sufficiently not stupid Trump from being a dictator at this point. But that doesnā€™t mean that is the only outcome. Getting her on the record perjuring herself gives legitimacy to court packing in a Biden administration, should Trump elect to actually have an election or be so dumb to think heā€™ll win it.

2 Likes

When Iā€™m lying awake at night trying to figure out how to buy health insurance, knowing sheā€™s highly intelligent and made the decision to strip me of affordable healthcare in good faith will make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

2 Likes

what theā€“and I cannot stress this enoughā€“fuck

4 Likes

Hereā€™s a real quote from the article.

ā€œBut the Supreme Court is not and should not be a battlefield of winner-take-all political or ideological division.ā€

Noah Feldman is an absolute fucking moron.

2 Likes

Itā€™s fake. But Iā€™ll admit I had to check the article to be certain it wasnā€™t real.

4 Likes

The original Know Nothings are rolling over then their graves at the papacy taking over America.

If the current title is too incendiary, I also considered the milder ā€œTheocrats and Fans of Fratsā€

3 Likes

Just imagine what they would do if Biden wins.

I like this one more. Keeps the rhyme, avoids the issue that most of us are planning on voting for a papist. Not so much the incendiary part.

2 Likes

Lol Little Marco

https://twitter.com/marcorubio/status/1309890863405957120?s=21

1 Like

Especially if youā€™re muslim.

2 Likes