The Supreme Court: Playing Calvinball and going on free trips since 1789

I mean apparently Supreme Court Judge is a pretty sweet job as everyone wants to be one and they never leave. If it was a drag then people would be all look I don’t care who interprets the supreme law of the land I just need to get out of this hellhole and go get paid a gazillion dollars per year at a fancy law firm. Instead everyone works there until they’re like 93 years old, must be pretty great.

I think if we’re going to be forced to hear all about her family and her education and the people who influenced her life, its fair to ask if she’s thought about her retirement. Doesn’t she want to spend time with the family she loves so much in her retirement years? Or does she want to work until she dies? I get that its a fun gig, but still…how many of us really want to work until we die? And I think most of us consider at a relatively early age…when we want to hang it up.

Lol GG - stanning for ACB - what an utter fraud you’ve turned into

18 Likes

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheRealHoarse/status/1315730563127484417

4 Likes

Sadly, I know what I would love: a highly prestigious sinecure that is both extremely consequential and involves little actual work. Ideally I would have a team of say four highly motivated, genius peons to do the required work, rotate them through every year or two so they don’t get burned out. Ideally this position would have good job security as job searching is a real drag.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/1233395932072480768

I can’t wait to go to a presidential candidate rally and chant AOC! AOC! AOC!

I’m ready to go full populist demagogue for AOC. Fuck it let’s go!

22 Likes

GG has always been a fraud though.

2 Likes

Glenn Greenwald is a fraud. Glenn Greenwald has always been a fraud.

2 Likes

She really is fucking amazing in these things.

@BestOf

1 Like

You should try out for this position:

Are you any good at physical contests?

Apparently this tweet from GG is a joke. He’s impersonating idpol liberals who deploy bullshit accusations of sexism or racism like this to discredit criticism of people they like. I think it’s a callback to people doing this to him after he criticised Kamala post-debate.

He’s replying to people on Twitter being like “how can you be so dumb, obvious joke” but should probably give some thought to why so many people were willing to accept it as real. Responding to anti-Trump and anti-GOP journalism with tedious “media criticism” contrarianism is what he’s spent half of the last four years doing. The only thing weird about this tweet was couching the attack in the language of identity politics.

2 Likes

Even that isn’t weird. He has dozens of satirical tweets where he points out instances of woke hypocrisy where liberals apply one standard of speech targeting those on the left and another targeting the right.

I’d bet it’s only a joke because he got called out making the exact same tweet years earlier.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1315845975316074496?s=19

2 Likes

when does greenwald ever police word choices like that? He constantly makes fun of that sort of thing. It’s obviously a joke.

“When you first use a poker HUD, it feels as though a veil has been lifted and the fundamental strategies of your opponents laid bare. You will always remember using a HUD for the first time and being amazed at how obvious your opponents’ habits become.”

Giving thought to people who don’t understand when I am joking is a great lesson that I too am unwilling to learn.

So how long will this charade last? When do they vote on this vile woman?

2 Likes

I mean, he’s not even wrong that the careerist label is used to undermine successful people, and of course is used disproportionately on women. So to walk that back as a joke is somehow doubly wrong